Hi, my name is lampshade60! Received a confusing letter from the Jobcentre — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lampshade60! Received a confusing letter from the Jobcentre

lampshade60
lampshade60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in Work and employment
I have been finished from work on ill health grounds as  I have not been able to work for over a year. I have a serious progressive illness.  I applied for ESA online and sent in my sick notes.  I haven’t yet received an ESA 50 form. I completed the online questions for the initial application, listing my illnesses etc. I then had a phone call from the jobcentre saying i had to have a compliance interview that they would do it over the phone. I was told this will be in about a weeks time. I have not had the interview yet but in the meantime a letter has come from the jobcentre stating that following the information on my esa application form I have been found fit for work and the interview in a weeks time is not compliance but a work related interview. I do not understand this as I have been finished from my job due to not being able to work. Help!
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Is it esa you applied for or uc 

This seems typical of uc rather than esa 

I'm not an expert on esa but explain everything at the interview and see what is said 

When did you first apply and provide fit notes 

• lampshade60
    lampshade60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited June 2021
    I applied for only ESA. I applied about 3 weeks ago. I supplied thm with my fitmnotes which are ongoing. It was just the initial online application. Then i had the call saying I would have a compliance interview over the phone. I haven’t had that interview yet but the following day a letter arrived saying I was fit for work according to what I had listed on my initial application I would have a work interview which would last over an hour.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Just wair and see what the meeting brings 
    The forms are normally sent out on day 29 so you still have time yet 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lampshade60 and welcome to the community, how are you?

It does sound like an odd situation for ESA, but it might be best to just have the interview and see what comes of it. Perhaps mention everything you're unsure about to whoever interviews you and maybe they'll be able to clear it up?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness