PIP Online form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Online form?

hughiemachrins
hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all. I have been suffering from ever worsening arthritis (feet, knees, hands, wrists and shoulders) for the past two years. I applied for PIP using the online form in April. I have now been told I have an assessment on Tuesday. I went online to have a look at my original application but cannot find where it is. I did call but gave up after 57 minutes on hold. Does anyone know if I can access my original form?

Comments

• hughiemachrins
    edited June 2021
    I have been suffering from ever worsening arthritis (feet, knees, hands, wrists and shoulders) for the past two years. I applied for PIP using the online form in April. I have now been told I have an assessment on Tuesday. I went online to have a look at my original application but cannot find where it is. I did call but gave up after 57 minutes on hold. Does anyone know if I can access my original form? (I will copy this to the correct page!)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Welcome to the community
    Sorry I am not familiar with the online application process 

Do you have a online account you access for the application maybe its stored on there 

Hopefully other members may be able to help 

It's not essential to have the form for the assessment tho it would be helpful  
  • hughiemachrins
    Yes, I have a password but when I went on there was only the option to add more supporting information and nowhere to check out the form. I should be OK but it would have been helpful to have it. Probably should have saved it at the time.
  • janer1967
    Yes that would have been the best option 

Can you contact them through the online option 

If not try call in morning they now open at weekends and not as busy as people don't know they are open 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
        I wasn't aware there was an option to claim pip online, is it something new that's happening?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there @hughiemachrins

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

Did the form ask for your email address so your form could be emailed to you? Or did it offer you the chance to download it as a file after you sent it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • hughiemachrins
        I wasn't aware there was an option to claim pip online, is it something new that's happening?
    I called up and asked them for a form at the end of April and she said there was now an online option. I agreed and she e-mailed a link for me to take me to the form.
  • hughiemachrins
    I don't remember seeing an option to download it. When I agreed to do the online form, an e-mail was sent to me containing the link to the form.

• janer1967
    Maybe try the email address ir came from 

@vikingqueen the online option has been trialled for a while now but not fully available I don't think 
  • hughiemachrins
    Thanks @janer1967, I tried that and it does not accept replies.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Trialed in a few areas. Likely to be rolled out in full but don't know when.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    We have online applications in wales first part is phone call 2nd part electronic  alot better doesn't take so long last person I helped gad a decision in three weeks 
  • calcotti
    ..last person I helped gad a decision in three weeks 
    From date of claim? With no assessment?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lisatho11987777
    From date of claim 1st week 2nd week phone assessment 3rd week decision  pretty good when it runs smooth  

Somewhere on here last year  someone did a electronic claim and I think they got theirs back around the same length of time 

The hardest part I found was uploading evidence that was asked for but other than that quite good 
  • hughiemachrins
    That doesn't happen here in Scotland. I filled in the form on 24th April and I have my assessment call on June 29th!
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    That doesn't happen here in Scotland. I filled in the form on 24th April and I have my assessment call on June 29th!
    Scotland won't be responsible for the processing of her own claims/assessment for  Adult Disability Benefits until 2022. 

If interested, you can read how it will work here: https://www.gov.scot/policies/social-security/benefits-disabled-people-ill-health/

• Lisatho11987777
    It will be alot better and alot quicker when it rolls out electronic claiming universal credit is all done online and phone with them though you have to wait six weeks sometimes less to make sure what you have and haven't earned in thst period 
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    ..claiming universal credit is all done online and phone with them ..
    Everything on UC being by phone is a response to COVID, a requirement to attend face to face appointments at JobCentre to complete the claim is likely to return at some point. 
  • hughiemachrins
    FYI I tried to call but they are no longer open at the weekend. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.