Hi, my name is boots1234! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is boots1234!

Options
boots1234
boots1234 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in Start here and say hello!
hello my name is mrs christian (Removed by moderator, full name).i suffer from chronic illness and vunerable; do you help folk like me i live in a house nearly bed ridden on more than  20 tablets a day for health  i have 15 stairs to climb down and up i cant do this any more you can call me on (Removed by moderator, personal details are not allowed on the community)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

We offer advice and support to disabled people 

Do you live in social housing ? 

I recommend getting a care needs assessment through gov website to have your housing needs assessed 

You can also speak to social services or your gp 

Just a note f8r security reasons we do not allow personal details like phone numbers to be posted for your own safety 

Admin will remove the details for you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @boots1234

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us and introducing yourself. 

It seems as though things are difficult at the moment and I'm sorry about that, do you have any support from a loved one who lives with you, or are you on your own? 

I wonder if a mobility aid would help you with navigating around your home, particularly with the stairs, have you ever discussed with your Gp what could be done to help with your mobility?

You could also refer yourself for a social care needs assessment through your local authority, has that ever been mentioned as an option for you? 

As mentioned above, in accordance with our community guidelines we do not allow the sharing of personal details such as full names or phone numbers, and therefore I have removed those from your post.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @boots1234 - & welcome to the community from me too. I'm sorry to read about the situation you're in with your health problems. I hope you find the advice given above to be helpful. Here's a link for the care needs assessment already mentioned: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/
    Hope this helps, & kindly let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @boots1234 :) Have you had a chance to look at the above ideas? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness