Disability ellament and carers ellament - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability ellament and carers ellament

2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    That suggests that the letter you have received refers to the carer element.
    You can ask about the disabled child element separately.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • erangeyj
    erangeyj Community member Posts: 23 Listener
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    Actually I have just noticed that your images of the letter which previously appeared as question marks are now visible. The letter refers to a change in your children rather than a change in your caring responsibilities so I am really not clear exactly what the letter means.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • erangeyj
    I think that's from when I changed address after months ago and I had to change my old rent to my new rent and who livs with me and that I care for my son
  • erangeyj
  • erangeyj
    I tried to post 2 letters one says about who lives with me and one thats says who I care for just tried to send them again its just showing as a blank comment at my end
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    OK. That's clear. One letter refers to your caring responsibility which will be for the addition of the carer element. The other letter refers to a change in your children which will refer to the disabled child element,

Both refer to a change from 14/05/2020. You say this is when your Carer’s Allowance started so will be correct for the carer element element.

You probably want to go back to them in respect of the letter to do with the children and say that DLA was awarded from xxxxx and that is the date you would like the disabled child element to be included from.

In future it’s very important that you report any changes that occur as soon as they happen.

• erangeyj
    Oh ok I will do in future I just didn't have any idea about the elements and when I went to citizens advice for help filling the forms out they never made me aware of any elements that I was intaiteld to otherwise I definitely would of because its a lot of money we've missed out on al get the date that he was awarded DLA and ask them to consider the backdated from then
  • erangeyj
    I got to the bottom of it there going to backdate them both  two the correct date they worded the dates wrong thaks for the help and information we will finally get what we are owed thank again 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @erangeyj That's good news and I'm sure comes as a relief.  Thanks for keeping us updated  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.