My WCA telephone ASSESMENT only lasted 10 minutes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My WCA telephone ASSESMENT only lasted 10 minutes

lew0102
lew0102 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there I had my WCA for universal credit today and the assessment only took 12 minutes in total . I am slightly worried about this as I was told that it would take around an hour to complete prior to the phone call 
he asked me a few questions about my cerebral palsy 
such as how long have I had it for (all my life ) 
was my walking delayed to which I replied yes
how it affects me to which I explains about the pain I suffer and the fact that I can’t walk far at all and sometimes can’t even get up the stairs 
he also asked if I had physio as a child to which I answered yes 
as well as asking if I went to a normal or sen school to which I answered sen 
I explained that I had to where splints day and night 
and that I was unable to do thinks on my own IE : cooking cleaning washing although I did mention that I was able to cook microwave meals but that was about it 
overall including the introduction from the assessor the phone call later 12 minutes I am just wondering if this is a good sign or a bad sign . As my anxiety is going through the rough waiting on a decision he mentioned that a letter would be sent out within 2 to 4 weeks 

could Anyone let me know wheather this is a good sign or bad.
im not sure if it’s worth mentioning that I have a signed for note of the gp that states “unfit to work” 
I also Recife pip standerd mobility and enhanced daily living but I’m not sure if these will be took into account as I have been advised that these are separate benefits from each other and do not coralline 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Nobody can really say what this will mean but not all calls take a long time especially if you put a lot of detail in your form and sent relevant evidence 

Pip is separate benefit but it doesn't hurt to send the reports 

All you can do is wait but don't see it as a bad sign 

Let us know how you get on 
  • lew0102
    edited June 2021
    Hi there I had my WCA for universal credit today and the assessment only took 12 minutes in total . I am slightly worried about this as I was told that it would take around an hour to complete prior to the phone call 
    how it affects me to which I explains about the pain I suffer and the fact that I can’t walk far at all and sometimes can’t even get up the stairs 
    and that I was unable to do thinks on my own IE : cooking cleaning washing although I did mention that I was able to cook microwave meals but that was about it 
    overall including the introduction from the assessor the phone call later 12 minutes I am just wondering if this is a good sign or a bad sign . As my anxiety is going through the rough waiting on a decision he mentioned that a letter would be sent out within 2 to 4 weeks 

im not sure if it’s worth mentioning that I have a signed for note of the gp that states “unfit to work” 
    I also Recife pip standerd mobility and enhanced daily living but I’m not sure if these will be took into account as I have been advised that these are separate benefits from each other and do not coralline 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lew0102 - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Try not to worry, as Jane says they may already have had a lot of information, & just needed to ask a few questions. Yes & please do let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
  • lew0102
    Hi I know but I posted in wrong section of the forum just would like advice of a few people so I can get the best educated guess possible don’t want to get my hopes up for a yes but the to be ultimately **** down I mean surly I get accepted correct ? It’s a permanent physical disability that I have for life it isn’t something that can be faked or lied about. But I know what these dm are like considering it took my 3 times to be accepted for my PIP claim 
  • lew0102
    edited June 2021

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lew0102

That is a speedy assessment you had! It might be the case that they have all the information they need and were looking to reconfirm details so please don't take the length of the assessment as an indicator of bad news.  

Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to our Universal Credit category to help others spot it.  If you could kindly let us know how you get on, that would be great.  Also, feel free to ask away with any other questions.  

Good luck!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I wouldn't infer anything much from the length of time the assessment took, most likely they had enough information and just needed to double check a few points, try not to worry too much (easier said than done I appreciate that)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lew0102

Welcome to the community, hope you're well.

I understand why you might see the shorter length as a worrying thing, but as others have said I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, there's no fixed duration for those sorts of things. They may have had plenty of information before the assessment and just wanted to confirm a few things.

Best of luck for the outcome.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lew0102 :) Just to let you know, I've merged your threads together as they were all about the same topic. This means that all the replies are in one place now. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.