You will ALWAYS get a phone call when making a Mandatory Reconsideration? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

You will ALWAYS get a phone call when making a Mandatory Reconsideration?

Options
LeeA380
LeeA380 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I phoned PIP today to check the status of my MR (it has been over 5 weeks, so I was being hopeful) and the guy just said that MRs in England are currently taking 10-12 weeks, and during this waiting time the applicant gets a phone call to go over the changes requested in the MR. After that, I guess a decision will be made within the total 12 week timescale.

I have not been told about this phone call before (seems like not everybody has been reporting it), but seeing as I just came off the dog and bone to someone at PIP I thought I would share it with others who are experiencing a wait for MR decisions and did not fully know the whole process.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Thanks for sharing I have heard of a few getting this call with the wait times being so long 

However I don't think it is always like you have been advised call handlers are not always the most informed 

It will be down to the decision maker and in some cases wouldn't be relevant eg lifetime conditions that won't change like mine being an amputee and visually impaired 

Just don't want other members to panic if they don't get a call 

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,150 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I didn’t receive a call when I was waiting on mine, I’m in Scotland so must be different here.

Good luck with your outcome.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    When I spoke to pip last Friday he looked or said he did and said MR's are currently taking 8 weeks so I should get a decision soon as it's been nearly that? And when I asked they told me I'd only get a phone call if they needed to ask anything? Because I'd seen others getting calls on a Saturday and getting payment the following week as they made decision while speaking to them? So I was getting extra anxious on Saturdays for a few weeks building myself up expecting a call but it hasn't happened as yet....  Unfortunately it seems they say different things to different people :disappointed: I read recently that someone was told by call handler that they were going to email decision maker to make them decide quicker because the claimant was getting upset etc and they will phone them back personally with the decision asap ? I hope that's true but it seems sometimes they do just say things without knowing if it's right to calm the person down maybe? I have recently stopped thinking my process is going to be like other people's because its confusing my head more and it doesn't take much ? but its so different all the time!...  Thankyou  though @LeeA380 I did want to know this the other week! I hope you get your outcome soon hope we all do!! ???
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lou67 said:..I’m in Scotland so must be different here.
    Nope, just that the advice quoted in the opening post is incorrect.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,150 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @calcotti
    Oh thanks I wasn’t sure.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    I swear they just enjoy confusing people ??‍♀️??‍♀️?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.