Overpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Overpayment

caozzie
caozzie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi
Hope someone can help
Have a good friend who makes me smile but recently have received interview under caution note and after that an overpayment letter ( to be paid back immediatly)
DWP are stating that my friend has been living with me from beginning to end of the overpayment period
Problem: my friend is of no fixed abode and has been sofa surfing between family, mine and other friends for the period concerned. I have read that the way to prove that you are NOT living together is to prove use of another home, utility bills etc. etc.
Can't do this as he has no other home, just his family and other friends that can confirm but not prove that he has stayed with them.
Any advice greatly received
Oh and he did stay over at mine on a few occassions to help care for me when I needed the support!

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.