Additional payments for not being fit for work haven't been sorted. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Additional payments for not being fit for work haven't been sorted. Any advice?

Ponton813
Ponton813 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello,

For the past 5 months I've been suffering with anxiety and depression and in the last 2 months they have got worse,I've put numerous messages on my Universal credit journal stating my health changes and they said that I would get extra payments for not being fit for work,up till now this hasn't been sorted and I'm at the end of my tether,any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You need to report a change of circumstances a new medical condition in your journal and then provide a fit note 

After fit note has run for over 28 days you get referred for a work capability process 
    You then get forms to complete and then an assessment 

This process takes at least 6 months maybe longer 

Only if you get found to have lcwra (limited capacity for work and work related activity) will you get any additional payment 

Any further questions just ask 
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    Hy sorry I also want to know that if u have lcwra then you will get extra money? I mean not for lcwa anymore? Before I used to get lcwa 
    Thanks:) now I have made a new claim because it was stopped in between for a while 
  • janer1967
    Hi 

I think you are getting a bit confused 

There is lcw which has no additional payment and there is lcwra which does pay extra 

There is no such thing as lcwa
  • skhan95
    I'm sorry if I couldn't write properly yes you r right I was getting limited work capibilty I think it was £128 something? How about this payment anymore? Is it still people getting or they are going to get money for limited work capibilty and work related activities? Which is t think £343 
  • janer1967
    Yes you only get money for lcwra now at £343.63
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hello @Ponton813

Welcome to the community, I hope you are doing well today. 

Was the initial response from Jane helpful? I'm sorry to hear that the LCWRA process hasn't progressed for you at all yet, have UC provided any reason for this?

Also, do you receive any support from your GP to effectively manage your anxiety and depression?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    skhan95 said:
    I'm sorry if I couldn't write properly yes you r right I was getting limited work capibilty I think it was £128 something? How about this payment anymore? Is it still people getting or they are going to get money for limited work capibilty and work related activities? Which is t think £343 
    If you were getting the LCW payment (£128.89/month) that will continue until you are either found Fit for work or are found to have LCWRA. If you are found to have LCWRA then you will get the higher LCWRA payment (£343.63/month) and will no longer get the LCW payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ponton813
    Ponton813 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello Ross_scope,thanks for your message,Janes message didn't really help and Universal Credit keep blaming the covid situation for me not getting an health assessment.
  • janer1967
    Sorry if I confused you I didn't realise you had prev been getting lcw payment as this payment is no longer paid to new claims 

Calcotti advice is correct 
  • skhan95
    Ok thank you so much:-) 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The LCW element of £128.89 is only paid to people who were originally found to have LCW or LCWRA prior to April 2017 and have had either LCW or LCWRA continuously since then.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • skhan95
    Thank you Calcotti :-)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.