Confused.com — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused.com

shazzawood
shazzawood Community member Posts: 30 Connected
I hope I have put this in the correct category..
I am confused with all the different abbreviations what have been used for differant claims..it hard when your new to having benefits and dont know what they mean..
Pip..personal independent 
Could someone please help me on.what means what ..thanx in.adbance x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    What abbreviations do you not understand 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope I have put this in the correct category..
    I am confused with all the different abbreviations what have been used for differant claims..it hard when your new to having benefits and dont know what they mean..
    Pip..personal independent 
    Could someone please help me on.what means what ..thanx in.adbance x
    There are so many abbreviations we can't possibly list them all. As janer says, can you list those you are having difficulty with. Here are some that you may be most likely to come across
    PIP - Personal Independence Payment
    UC - Universal Credit
    nsESA - new style Employment Support Allowance
    WCA - Work Capability Assessment
    LCW - Limited Capability for Work
    LCWRA - Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity
    SSP - Statutory Sick Pay
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • shazzawood
    Thankyou both..i think you have covered the majority of them .I have received my first payment of esa today.just hope it goes smoothly as I have read some have had trouble with it x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

Majority of people have no issues there have been the odd member reporting late payments but very few and far between 
  • shazzawood
    Thankyou Jane..that is good news..would be nice if it was more money though but some is better than nothing x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.