Anyone else feel guilty for not bring proactive with their child? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else feel guilty for not bring proactive with their child?

Options
Beesmummy798
Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
My name is (Removed by moderator on request of user) and I have Bipolar2 with constant depression and anxiety. I also have fibromyalgia diagnosed in 2019.
I have a daughter who is 20 and a son who is 4 (a lovely wee surprise baby). Anyway.. I feel soo guilty as I'm not able to give him the active life he deserves. I'm (Removed upon request of user) with various health conditions and each day I wake it's the 1st thing on my mind as I don't want to stick him in front of the tv, I want him to lead an active life with me which I just can't do at the minute. He starts school in September which I can't wait for him to see more of life. All I can do from the sideline is show him love, encouragement and security. Anyone else feel guilty for being sick? ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Beesmummy798 I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like this, although I can relate. My daughter is almost 8 months old and very active, I have to sit by on the sideline watching my husband or my Mum do more stuff with her. I'm really trying not to feel guilty, but it creeps in from time to time.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Beesmummy798

I can understand why this would make you feel bad but from my point of view you seem to be doing a brilliant job, providing love, encouragement and security are such essential things for a child's development and it's fantastic that you are paying such close attention to making sure he has those factors in his life :) 

Do you receive any support from a family member or other loved one in the areas that you find difficult, such as the more active things?

And how are you managing with your bipolar 2, depression and anxiety? Do you have effective coping techniques?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    @Ross_Scope hi thanks for your reply. Thankyou I have a great family unit and they do the activities such as going to the park, playing football, swimming etc with my son which I can't do. It just plays on my mind that his memories of those activities won't include me his mum. Just plays on my mind. I have a great family doctor, psychiatrist and support worker to help manage my illnesses so all good there ?
    Also could you edit my post to take out my name and age as I shouldn't have put these in, I've been subject to online fraud before. Your help would be appreciated x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand that @Beesmummy798, but I'm sure that you are able to create amazing memories with him in other ways that will stick with him for the rest of his life :) 

I have removed those details for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness