Hi, my name is darren1961! Free dental care for people on ESA or PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is darren1961! Free dental care for people on ESA or PIP?

darren1961
darren1961 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Everyone, I’ve just been following the discussion regarding free dental care. It says that if you or your partner receive ESA or PIP you are entitled to free dental care, does that mean that we are both entitled to it.
Darren

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @darren1961

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

I found this on the NHS website:

"You're entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you or your spouse (including civil partner) receive:

• Income Support
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
    • Universal Credit (in certain circumstances)"
    Does any of this apply to you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • darren1961
    My wife gets income- related Employment and Support Allowance. Does this mean that I also get free dental treatment. 
    Darren
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It would appear so @darren1961, yes :) Of course this advice only applies to NHS dentists
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Everyone, I’ve just been following the discussion regarding free dental care. It says that if you or your partner receive ESA or PIP you are entitled to free dental care, does that mean that we are both entitled to it.
    Darren
    PIP does not entitle anyone to free dental care but income based ESA does.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • darren1961
    But does this mean we are both entitled to it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    So the question is are you on her claim as a joint claimant? or not?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    But does this mean we are both entitled to it.
    If it is income based ESA yes. If it is contribution based ESA no. See the information posted by Ross.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness