F2F reassessment- is this standard procedure? Will this delay their tribunal decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

F2F reassessment- is this standard procedure? Will this delay their tribunal decision?

Options
EMMc1966
EMMc1966 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received a letter today from the DWP asking me to go for a second assessment but this time face to face, is this standard procedure? DWP have until 7th of July to respond to my appeal to tribunal and the assessment is taking place on the 6th of July will this delay their decision? I'm bricking this second assessment and my head is battered with it all. Guidance would be appreciated please.

Comments

• chrisgodd21
    chrisgodd21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi there fellow member!
    Why are you worrying?? Don't, because the die is now cast. Have you been honest about everything? Or have you a GOOD memory otherwise? 
    O too had this happen to myself under the (What I call 'the first wave) These were the [Removed by moderator - inappropriate]! Proper real grey people. And I just answered there questions as best I could. Now with me they moved there objection and so I won the day! But it is more likely that this is JUST how it is. My advice?? Just make sure you are ok with your case. And you will be fine. And be sure to crnsck and share your GOOD NEWS!!???
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chrisgodd21,

I've removed a term from your post that was inappropriate for the community, as it could be deemed offensive and in bad taste. You can remind yourself of our house rules here.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chrisgodd21 hi and welcome to scope, it really is poor form to suggest that any of our members would not have been honest.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• EMMc1966
    EMMc1966 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    @chrisgodd21 thanks for your input but as it happens I've found out why I was to get a second assessment. It was nothing to do with PIP so my problem has now been solved. By the way I have been completely honest in everything with my PIP claim, not that I have to justify myself to u. Have a good day.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear your problem has been solved @EMMc1966 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I just want to say I don't think they are  saying anyone is lying? I believe they were saying as long as you have told them all you can (your truth) you don't need to worry? Sorry I have read it a few times and tried to understand what's being said/suggested and I think they were trying to help I don't think they are saying anyone is a liar it's just the way it was put across maybe? As its actually meant to be a positive post? I think sometimes the things put in texts or posts can be misinterpreted? Blimey that's a big word for me so early ha! 
     But @EMMc1966 it's awesome you now know why they needed you to have the face to face assessment I'd of freaked out lol
    Have a fab day peeps ??
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It was something else that I removed from the post @Emilyb81, not a reference to the OP being dishonest. 

I'm glad the issue has been resolved @EMMc1966 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    No I know @Tori_Scope i was replying to the op ? I should of tagged them sorry ?
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Oh I did tag them lol my head is definitely in Monday mode today! I was responding to a couple of posts above ?? as i have been taken the wrong way in texts/messages before as I think it's sometimes the way a person reads something maybe differently to how it's meant if that makes sense? ? But il shut my hole now lol as its only 1pm and I'm already knackered as I've had to think more than I normally do today ? take care peeps xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.