Can evidence be sent after a Pip telephone assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can evidence be sent after a Pip telephone assessment?

Beesmummy798
Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello
Firstly thanks to everyone who has helped and given advice to me. I have asked a few questions over the past few weeks and this forum is brilliant for advice.
I had my telephone assessment yesterday my sister was with me guiding me through the call. There's a few things we wanted to add after the call, a few questions were asked that I broke down when answering and couldn't get my words out. I also had an appointment today with my Mental health team and they have given me a new care plan. Is it too late to send information, explanations and has anyone done this before? Thankyou for any replies x

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    I am not 100% sure at what point you can send in further information? I am sure though that right now I've sent things twice and both times it took 3 weeks to get to the assessment department because their internal mail takes ages so I am thinking if you sent anything in now they would probably of already done the report? :disappointed: so sorry I'm only able to let you know about post times hopefully someone else knows about stages you can send extra info in? Hope you get some helpful advice and hope that your worries are unfounded ???  to be fair I have seen a lot of people including myself thinking this after the call I wish I'd said this or that so hopefully it's just normal anxiety? Take care and stay safe hun xx
  • Emilyb81
    I hadn't seen someone had already commented about the extra info sorry! My phone is pants it happens a lot! So anyway there you go that's good news and sending it to dwp ASAP is a good idea then :smile: xx
  • Beesmummy798
    @Username_removed thankyou for commenting. Ive been reading some of the advice you've given before and it's both informative and knowledgeable. The information I had was regarding questions the assessor asked about my previous claim in 2017,  I wasn't given an award and I never took it any further although I should have, but due to stress and poor mental health etc I conceded and accepted the decision. She asked about the change in my medication and a few other things. We didn't expect her to ask questions about that long ago. Plus I have a new care plan. Is it worth giving precise explanations now or no? Your expertise would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Beesmummy798
    @Emilyb81 hi love x
    Thankyou so much for your reply. That makes sense what you said. I'm probably just overthinking with my anxiety. Kicking myself now as I got so upset and couldn't get explanations out. It's a long road. Hope you are well x
  • Emilyb81
    @Beesmummy798 bless you I'm OK I've been trying to stop thinking about this whole pip situation because it's been on my mind for months now and really there's nothing else I can do but wait? I guess I'm closer to getting a decision about the MR now than I was yesterday so that's something ????‍♀️? But thanks for asking how I am it doesn't happen much? I think people instantly regret asking me haha! Anxiety is a complete pain in the a@# because it either causes us to overthink or switch off altogether!! Would be great if we could have a procedure to take that part of our brains out oh and the part that causes depression and pain! But I think I have enough holes and gaps up there already probably not a good idea ? anyhoo I really hope you get some peace of mind sooner rather than later! And thankyou again hun have a fab night and week!! ???
  • Emilyb81
    Also just to clarify I meant takes 3 weeks to send to the pip decision makers not assessment department lol xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.