CPTSD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CPTSD

Options
Taliesen
Taliesen Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Does anyone else suffer with cptsd and get servre flash backs and nightmares, I've been suffering with them extremely bad any hi ts tips or advice would be welcomed

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Taliesen

How are you today? 

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear that your CPTSD is causing you stress at the minute through the flashbacks. Do you receive support from your GP to help manage your CPTSD? Are they aware of the flashbacks that you experience? 

I don't have any personal experience in this regard myself, but you might find this self-care guide from Mind helpful. I know it's for PTSD, but there can be some similarities in the methods of self-care.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Taliesen and I'm sorry to read that you've been having nightmares and flashbacks. I suffer with PTSD, to begin with it was constant flashbacks and nightmares, but over time it has become sporadic. It is difficult, as for me, nothing helped. But looking back, when moments like these happened, I wish I had told myself that these are just moments, it will pass, and that you are okay.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness