Hi, my name is Snow92! Pip telephone assessment. Has anyone successfully claimed without evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Snow92! Pip telephone assessment. Has anyone successfully claimed without evidence?

Snow92
Snow92 Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there everyone I’m new here feels great to join you all! 
My question is I have applied for pip jan 21 only filled in form and sent no evidence with it I’ve got my telephone assessment on the 5th July and I’m now worried what if the no evidence part fails it for me? I’ve got ptsd depression and anxiety I’ve taken self pip test which gives me 27 points and 12 points mobility but with all the horror stories of bad assessors writing lies I’m scared! 
I genuinely have no evidence because my condition was logged at gp over 10 years ago and I haven’t needed to see my gp I’ve Spent majority at home scared to go out all symptoms same as they were when diagnosed I’m on waiting list for therapy again as last 7 therapists wasn’t helping me get anywhere so there isn’t any documents anywhere to back me up really ... but with everything I’ve written and will say in assessment I’m hoping I will be ok has anyone successfully claimed without evidence before? Should I get my current gp to write a letter maybe ? Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome 

A gp letter isn't always the best they can confirm a diagnosis 

The best evidence is your own account on the form as your gp d8esnr see you performing the tasks like eating,  cooking,  toilet,  dressing,  bathing 

You could do a diary or if someone sees you like family or carer they could do supporting letter 

However any thing you send won't get there before your assessment but you can still send it 

Personally I wouldn't pay much attention to the self test as unless you totally understand the descriptors and scoring you run the risk of over scoring yourself 

Good luck with the assessment let us know how you get on 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,523 Disability Gamechanger
    @Snow92 hi and a warm welcome to the forum, written evidence isn't always a PIP winner most of my evidence is 10+ years old so I didn't send it.
    As above there is a danger of over scoring when you do the "self" test unless you are ruthlessly honest about how the descriptors fit you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• georgie123
    georgie123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi snow 92.if I was you ice accept that the chances are your gonna lose your telephone interview and concentrate on the appeal wen use sat in front of 3 real docs.that way,you can see where they've not given u any points and concentrate on that.and you can cry and be upset which u can't do over the phone.forget about losing the battle and put all your effort into winning the war
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Snow92 - & welcome to the community from me also. Like yourself & woodbine, I had no evidence to send in with my PIP claim (tho I did send in a diary). I agree with both Jane & woodbine's advice.
    Phone assessments during the pandemic seem to be more successful than the previous face to face ones (& tribunals are still by phone) so please don't be misled by georgie's comment (which would in fact be fraudulent).
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @snow92 :) As the others have said, it's not the end of the world if you don't have that kind of evidence. Do you feel prepared for your upcoming assessment? I'd suggest that you give your original application a read over if you kept a copy, and make some notes on which activities you're not able to do, and jot down some examples of this. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your mental health, and that you're still on the waiting list for some therapy. Are you receiving any other forms of treatment or support? Are you coping okay living at home? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Girl_No1
    Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    @Snow92 Hi, and welcome.

As others have said, it is extremely easy (and understandable) to overscore ourselves on the self-assessment.  On self-assessment, I scored similarly to you - very similarly!

My situation is similar to yours i.e. I had no evidence other than the medications I am prescribed.  I was extremely anxious during the telephone assessment and I was awarded standard daily living.  

I was initially happy with the award (standard daily living) but on reading the report, I identified areas where there was misunderstanding, or an overlooking of information I had included in my application, or details I had spoken about at the assessment. 

I requested a MR identifying the misunderstandings/overlookings.  I had a brief MR call, where the DM focused very specifically on the issues I had raised.  I was subsequently award enhanced daily living andj standard mobility - which is to what I am realistically entitled.

• Snow92
    Hey everyone thanks for your kind messages .. @Tori_Scope i am feeling ready for my assessment a little nervous but ready ... I as ok as I can be I guess thanks for asking .. il be even better once this is over :) 
  • Snow92
    @Girl_No1 I’m glad you got the result you deserved good that you went for MR and got it turned il defo go for MR if I’m refused thanks for your positive story 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It's normal to be a little nervous @Snow92. Make sure you have some water with you to sip at, and that you're in a quiet place if possible. 

Yes, hopefully you'll feel better once it's out of the way. Best of luck! Remember that we're always here if you need us :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.