Hi, my name is Geraint1! I have a PIP telephone assessment coming up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Geraint1! I have a PIP telephone assessment coming up

Options
Geraint1
Geraint1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone,
I am new to this group. 
I have a PIP telephone assessment coming up.   I am deeply concerned and worried about this, as I had it cancelled and then reinstalled, on my last assessment,  without any correspondence, until about three weeks after the cancellation. 
My question is this: How long does it take DWP, to make a decision, after the assessment ? Also.
Do they contact you in advance, if they are to cancel your PIP….. or do they just cancel, and then, get in contact with you, as in my previous experience.
kind regards
g

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The average time from assessment to decision is around 8 weeks but it can vary depending on how busy your area is, after 7 days you can if you chose request a copy of the assessment, but keep in mind that won't be a final decision.
    When does your current award expire?
    @Geraint1 welcome to scope btw.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

To answer your other questions no they don't phone you to tell you if it 7s stopping you will be informed by post 

Pip is paid in arrears so you should get a final payment trouble is post is still delayed so decision letters often take a while to get to you 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Geraint1

Welcome to the community, how are you today? 

I hope the above responses have been helpful for you and I wish you the very best with your assessment and subsequent outcome. I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Geraint1
    Geraint1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate them. G

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.