ADULT ADHD SUFFERER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ADULT ADHD SUFFERER

Sonny5000
Sonny5000 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hello further from contact to you regarding trying to reinstate my rights to obtain a Dual Diagnosis treatment clinic after years of researching all the titles that should of made it easier rather than let me do all the work by trying to prove what has been my rights all along as it’s in all the Nice guidelines but in real life we are not taken seriously hence my mental health physically mentally and emotionally.Last week I have had contact from our local commissioners who are supposed to help you live a happier and healthier life style especially as I’m a registered carer with responsibilities.I am just praying that it will all be proven that I am a case of now what’s become negligence due to be ignored and uneducated titles.I’m in the process of waiting to hear the outcome of my complaints and funding as my life is depending on it.I will hopefully post back soon with positive news.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with it all @Sonny5000. What funding are you trying to access? Have you been able to access any support for your mental health in the meantime, whilst you await a diagnosis? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sonny5000
    Oh trust me I have done everything there is to do I have my paperwork my legal rights to obtain the clinic iv joined up all the criteria and it’s more than enoug but this is still a very complex condition and after so much research it’s actually shocking that this is a huge problem so iv spent years emailing the correct titles but have been met with ignorance uneducated ttiles although it’s taken very seriously in the guidelines I’m now finally in the process of getting he correct teams to look at there mistakes my legal rights etc which now falls into negligence as well as you cannot leave a registered carer at 53 yrs old untreated.So I think iv ruffled a few feathers as it’s a very hard issue to live with I’m hoping to get my rights reinstated get well and then help others as the new Dual diagnosis clinics built recently are there for good reason sufferers and thousands more need them.I will keep you posted I just deserve relief funding and just to understand more what we have to live with daily and do things we don’t want to do and only a clinic will do that but I have great support from Mind so things are finally looking better.
  • Sonny5000
    Sorry I have severe adult adhd ICD10 F9 the code is very powerful and should be used by meaning hopefully now it will be.
  • Sonny5000
    Just to add I spent two years trying to get to the bottom of my issues which led me to having severe adult adhd I was clinically diagnosed in 2108 but my treatment of therapy appointments was not working as I’m a in the severe category I’m allowed to an adhd clinic to help me come off my own self medicating because that’s what sufferers have to do to feel normal and in the clinic they teach you about why you do the things you don’t want to do and find the right type of adhd medication needed to stop all the gaps in my mind as thanks to so much scientific research it’s taken so seriously in the guidelines but not in real life so I’m a sufferer who is trying to get those who should be helped me listen before something bad may happen.I hope to receive funding reward and retribution after my experience asi cannot do no more to try and get help.This condition is very complex and unique which is still hidden in the rulings but I’m hoping that further from my latest contact I will be helped so as I can help others as this condition is explaining a lot more as regards to addiction issues and more so I would be worth investing in and it’s my legal right.I still remain untreated and that is so wrong especially as I have responsibilities as a carer so I pray this will make a difference.
  • Tori_Scope
    Hi @Sonny5000 :) I'm glad that you've been able to get a good level of support from Mind. Please let us know how you get on with trying to access the dual diagnosis clinic, and whether you'd like us to signpost you towards any other advice or support.

• Sonny5000
    Hi thanks for your support I am actually trying to get an advocate to help me through this as again although there are certain titles lookin into my situation I’m facing the lack of emergency although I have had constant replies of I’m sorry to hear of your suffering it never gets anywhere so I will see how this meeting goes which worries me as I want to attend it as I have joined up the legal rights on both sides but I’m facing times when there well aware of my my health being so severe such as my BMI must be only 12 now! Any support would be welcome thank you
  • Tori_Scope
    Hi @Sonny5000 :) An advocate sounds good. Is that something Mind are helping you with? They have some information on advocates here

I'm quite concerned that your BMI could be as low as 12. I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk. It'd be great if you could take a look when you get a moment. 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a very low bmi I have what they call forti sips  which is prescribed by my doctor to help me you should talk to your dr to see if they can offer you any help 
  • Sonny5000
    Well that’s the whole point it’s because I should have been offered the appropriate treatment for my severe adhd condition plus being a carer and 53 yrs old ! I have to self medicate to make myself feel normal all this is in my two year therapy reports to which now are only being looked into due to my constant research and findings and rights I do not want to be another statistic iv done everything I can possibly do I emailed and sent my my rights to all the titles and I’m still waiting for a funding decision and now it’s become a negligence claim as I have suffered daily for three years due to being left untreated but thanks to newly Guildlines which has got me this far but all my people around me are still uneducated with this condition so I’m still having to do all the work to get heard and help I should be hearing soon about it but I pray that even after speaking to my local commissioners who should have dealt with this three years ago I’m hoping for funding reward and retribution as that legally is what it has become.
  • Sonny5000
    I must add that when I was first diagnosed in 2018 my code of ICD10 F9 should say it all to those who understand it as it’s a very severe code that explains your diagnosis which basically means I have had to self medicate for years and did not want to do after becoming my own doctor I had no choice the findings are incredible as all my reports say that I need a detox which only a dual diagnosis rehab will help as they will strip you of your self medicating and then try the appropriate adhd meds to help u fill up the gaps we are missing when you are a sufferer but I had two years of meetings and them trying to put me on these meds but since newer research you need a clinic environment so obviously they never worked .Since I have done extensive research they acted wrong and should of supported me with other options such as a clinic but no I was sent back to my doctor to get on with it to which now obviously mentally physically emotionally I have needed this clinic and am entitled to one that and trying to keep up every day I have the most amazing twins who are 26 yrs a great family I pay my bills but every day is getting harder I cannot complain anymore every one who should be making a difference is finally starting to realise that in the legal guidelines it’s taken very seriously but not when your a sufferer and feel literally half dead.There is a meeting happening over due again at this rate they will have another statistic so I have no choice but to wait for hopefully what will be good news as they can’t deny the negligence the ignorance etc plus my draft from a mind Advocate but he’s not with me full time he did a fantastic draft which says it all and that my criteria is well noted and that to exercise my my rights by a clinic so yes it’s Dam frustrating and exhausting I just hope I can be saved in time.

• Sonny5000
    Sorry to answer one your questions about my doctor put it this was my previous one who unfortunately left two years ago would have got me the help straight away but iv had a new doctor who just doesn’t know me or my issues even when I have tried to get her on board to help me it’s only up until very recently she called and said she is trying to obtain the funding but again I had to send her all the correct funding departments even when I was weighed with high blood pressure it went over her head that I’m skin and bone so I believe when Joe from mind finally got in touch he managed to write this great draft to get the titles to understand I need help now but again doctors are not educated enough with mental health but at least she’s finally on board a bit better it’s the commissioners via the freedom act that after my post explaining I need help etc they did respond straight away as it’s then who should of helped me in the first place so I’m praying that all the officials know of my plight along with my rights as there’s thousands of us suffering that have not the energy or the know how of how to start helping themselves so eventually I would like to help them.
  • Sonny5000
    Yes thank you Tori for your support I will be con you nx week anyway 
  • Sonny5000
    Hi Tori can you email your number maybe so as I can tell you the latest from a Pals meeting? Thank you 
  • Sonny5000
    Hi Lisa I have just seen your reply yes I willl ask about that bless you thank you 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sonny5000 it has helped me haveing Forti sips as it has all the vitamins you need in it as well worth asking your dr as its only on prescription anyway 
  • Tori_Scope
    Hi @Sonny5000 :) We don't offer a phone service here on the community unfortunately. If you'd prefer to speak on the phone, Scope does have a helpline service. You can ring them on 0808 800 3333.

• Sonny5000

Brightness