Last week told a copy of assessment was sent out. Phoned today told no copy sent and gave decision. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Last week told a copy of assessment was sent out. Phoned today told no copy sent and gave decision.

christine38
christine38 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, 
I had my telephone assessment 4 weeks ago. I asked for a copy of report 7 days later but was told they hadn't received it yet. Phoned 14 days later and was told they had received the assessment and a copy has been sent out and to wait 7-10 days.
As many of you know this period of waiting is awful. I have been nervously checking my post everyday. Nothing.
10 days later (today) I phone to find out where it is and they tell me it has not been posted out yet! But a decision has been made. He told me over the phone. I have been awarded standard daily only (for which I am very grateful). 
It either feels like the assessor hasn't listened to me or they haven't gone with the assessor. I will find out when the letters finally get here. 
I will be doing a mandatory reconsideration so any help with this will be appreciated. 
TIA

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there  

Sorry to hear your award isn't what you want 

For the mr go through each descriptor you think you should have scored more and give 2 real examples of what happens when you try to do that task 

Look in our pip section for further advice 
  • christine38
    Hi @janer1967 thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know if I will have to wait for my next universal credit payment to receive the pip payment or will it arrive next week?
     I will go through the letter and do the 2 examples. I also go to physiotherapy and psychologist for CBT; do you think it's worth getting them to write a letter?
    Thanks again.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    christine38 said:..Do you happen to know if I will have to wait for my next universal credit payment to receive the pip payment or will it arrive next week?
    PIP payments have nothing to do with UC. They will be made separately and are paid every 4 weeks, unlike UC which is paid monthly.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • christine38
    @calcotti oh I see. Not sure why but I thought they would be paid together. Thank you for letting me know.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.