When my partner & I marry will we need to re-apply for PIP & UC and get reassessed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When my partner & I marry will we need to re-apply for PIP & UC and get reassessed?

Options
deelee
deelee Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
Hello everyone  :) I wanted to know when I get married to my partner and update UC and PIP about the new change - what will they do? Will I need to re-apply again and be reassessed? Will my PIP and UC be suspended? My partner and & have a joint claim and I am not changing my name - all will stay the same - other than we will be married. We already live together and it really is for legal purposes as we are both getting older. I am really stressed about it all. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be so grateful ! :)

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

All you need to do is report the charge it won't change anything and won't prompt a new claim or assessment as you already claim as a couple for  uc and pip won't be affected either 

Good luck for the wedding 
  • deelee
    deelee Scope Member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, thank you so much for that information  :) 
    Thank you  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.