Has anyone been awarded LCWRA and managed to get part time work, while still retaining LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone been awarded LCWRA and managed to get part time work, while still retaining LCWRA?

Sheree_8
Sheree_8 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I have been awarded LCWRA, and in final month of my 3 month waiting period.   I wanted to ask has anyone been awarded LCWRA and managed to get part time work, and still retaining LCWRA?!? 
Sheree
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can do permitted work and still get lcwra 

You will have a work allowance 

You need to inform them and your work should not contradict the reason why you get lcwra 

It can sometimes trigger a new assessment 
  • Sheree_8
    @janer1967 Thank you. It's all confusing tbh. It be unlikely contradict to what I have informed them.  Is there a limit to the hrs I read somewhere of 16hrs but not sure if related to ESA?!? 
    Sheree
  • janer1967
    I think that is for esa I'm not sure 

Will see if I can find out online 

Other members will be able to help 

I think you can work any hours and once the work allowance has been applied you will then get 63p in pound for every pound you earn over that 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

You can do permitted work and still get lcwra 

You will have a work allowance 

You need to inform them and your work should not contradict the reason why you get lcwra 

It can sometimes trigger a new assessment 
    There are no permitted work rules for LCWRA in UC. Permitted work rules only apply to ESA.

You should report a change in your UC journal. You can do whatever work you wish for however long you wish but if the type and/or amount of work contradict the reasons you were found to have LCWRA it may prompt a reassessment (although with the huge backlog at the moment that may be less likely than normal).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    I knew you have the answer calcotti 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sheree_8 -  there's some info on the government's website. Please see:
    As you will see, depending on whether you get help with your housing costs, or not, you have a work allowance of either £293 or £515 per month. For every £1 you might earn above this work allowance limit, 63p would be deducted from your UC. There's no limit to the hours you can work. (Yes, it's with ESA that you can only work less than 16 hours a week, not earning more than £143 per week).
    As mentioned, you would need to inform if starting a job: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit/changes-of-circumstances
  • Sheree_8
    @calcotti Thank you. I wasn't sure if UC had same criteria with ESA /Permitted work. 
    Sheree
  • Sheree_8
    @chiarieds Thank you so much for the information it is a help. 
    Sheree
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome @Sheree_8 - It takes me a while to type, & I hadn't noticed you'd already had a reply from calcotti, but between us all hopefully it all now makes sense. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.