I triggered a PIP review. Would arrears be paid from the date I reported change or date of decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I triggered a PIP review. Would arrears be paid from the date I reported change or date of decision?

Options
dave392
dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone just after a bit of advice I triggered a pip review back in October 2021 I was on standard rate care finally had assessment June 15th received pa4 and health assessment seems to recommend high care and mobility with review in a year. My question is if dwp go with assessment will they back date the difference in payment to when I notified them of worsening conditions or from when they finally make a decision thank you for taking the time to answer 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

The higher award eg difference to your current award will be backdated to when you reported the change 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi @dave392

As @janer1967 describes, if the decision maker goes with the healthcare professionals recommendations then arrears will be paid from the date PIP were first notified of your worsening condition.

Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread to help others see what your question is.  Please let us know how you get on and good luck :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you so much both of you just another waiting game now for decision makers to decide fingers crossed they go with report 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.