Pip review form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review form

Options
Skirty
Skirty Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I completed my pip review form and carer posted it a week before it was due, got a letter today to say my pio was stopping from 24th June due to form not being returned in time. I called and was queueing for 93 minutes and was told there is a delay in the scanning of forms by up to a month.  I asked if my pip was stopped and she said "we will sort it"  she just seemed to want me off the phone. I asked again if my pipped had stopped and she said she will send out another form but to call before i post it to see if mine had been scanned.. I asked again if my pip had stooped and ahe said she will sort it.... She ended call then i got a text saying "you have asked us to look at your claim again"..... I am so confused and sressed out.. Has my pip stopped?? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No way for us to know.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there was your award until the 24 of June ? Did you not get your review papers 6 months before your pip was bout to end ? 

All I can suggest is try calling them just before 5 pm they seem to be less busier then only they can answer your question . Keep us updated . 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try calling tomorrow they do open at weekends now but it isn't common knowledge so less busy 

@cupcake88 they will have sent forms out but you have to return them by the date they state usually 1 months but they have been allowed 3 months don't know if that still exists 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    @janer1967 thanks for that information I’m dreading my review next year x 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    ...usually 1 months but they have been allowed 3 months don't know if that still exists 
    Back to the usual one month with a two week extension if requested.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Skirty
    Skirty Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I recieved a letter statung they were extending my award until 2023 originally it was March 2022...this form appeared  beginning of June with 4 weeks to return or PIP would stop, it was returned in plenty of time however they have said they dont have it and recieved letter today saying stopped from 24th June. I recieved that payment, girl on phone kept saying stuff isnt being scanned for up to a month and "it woukd be sorted" then i got the text saying " you asked us to look at claim" its so confusing and worrying
  • SLesleyG
    SLesleyG Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I always send my forms back by recorded delivery then at least you can say it was received on a date and signed for by whoever.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.