Waiting for PIP assessment. Has been 5 months now. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP assessment. Has been 5 months now.

Options
mookie
mookie Community member Posts: 51 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Still waiting for pip assessment ,5 months now ,not sure how much longer ,didn't make a copy of q/a so now can't remember what I wrote ,but back still as bad as ever 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Some people are waiting who applied in Oct seems like there are massive delays in some areas 
  • mookie
    Options
    Ok thanks janer 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, waiting times can be quite long for some people at the moment @mookie

If you didn't keep a copy of your form, it might be worth taking a look through the PIP descriptors again to jog your memory. Some people find it helpful to make some notes prior to their assessment.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • mookie
    Options
    Thanks again Tori ,I kind of wished I hadn't started this application ,maybe I should of left well alone x
  • cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi there! I didn't wait too long, but was refused again 3 times in 9 years. Waiting for a MR. Don't suppose I'll get it.
  • mookie
    Options
    Im Sorry to hear about that ,lots have people said The same ,I had a liver transplant and just been diagnosed with fibro but I'm unsure of what qualifies and what doesn't 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    mookie said:
    Im Sorry to hear about that ,lots have people said The same ,I had a liver transplant and just been diagnosed with fibro but I'm unsure of what qualifies and what doesn't 
    No particular condition qualifies you. It’s not based on condition/diagnosis, it’s based on how you are affected. Different people with the same condition will be affected differently.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    Options
    I have applied in 1st week or April then they sent me form In the end of May I have sent them back in the 1st week of june today they have text me that they have received my form still I have to wait may be 3 4 months 
    One of my friend applied in January 2021 she send back her form in march after that she haven't heard anything till now so basically we have to wait bit longer :-)
  • mookie
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.