who has Fibromyalgia? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

who has Fibromyalgia?

mary72
mary72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone 

Comments

• mary72
    mary72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mary72 and welcome

We have lots of members that have been disgnosed with Fibro and many others that have the symtoms but as yet no formal diagnosis. If you would like to share your story we are here to listen and help if we can
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mary72 welcome to the community! Let us know if we can help you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Welcome to the community @mary72 :) I have tagged some of our members who have mentioned Fibromyalgia; @peruna @Kim_2000 @Stevefellow @chrisandjean

Please feel free to join our dealing with chronic pain discussions 

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Me I have it’s killing me day by day lol . I’m only 18 and feel like I’m 81 but hay ho we just have to get on with it 
  • XenasMum
    XenasMum Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    I've got fybro too and it's a nightmare been diagnosed just over 3 yrs now. It seems to affect my legs the most but I'm wondering if they hurt because I'm not using them. Tiredness has been exceptionally bad this year but I have depression so I'm not sure if that's affecting it too.
    I've decided to try CBD oil again but just drops not vaping to see if that helps 
    Good luck and welcome xxx
  • cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hey there! You are definitely not on your own. There is always someone hear to listern.
  • JT203
    JT203 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have it, have had the symptoms since early childhood but only diagnosed mid last year. I'm 25 now. Sorry to hear you all have it too but sending solidarity x
  • cats693
    cats693 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I too have FM and diagnosed   but now my PIP has come to an end, I'm having to reaply as if I was a new claimant. I've been refused AGAIN but fighting for an MR. just waiting for their response ?
  • natz2009
    natz2009 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi everyone i have fibro really bad to the point it broke my mental health doctors told me it was in my head for 15 years only been dignosed 7 months ago and sent to a pain clinic on a trial of gabapantin but not helping anyone else trying anything for there pain also on 30mg mertazipine for m/h xx
  • natz2009
    Donno if this will be any use to fibro sufferers but i have recently tried someones lazy spa and for about an hour after i felt grate if i am sucsessfull in my pip claim i think my money will go towards one for myself as i dont have the funds right now ive been told its a form of hydrotherapy so always worth a try xx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for telling us about your fibromyalgia and PIP review @cats693, I hope the MR goes well and you get a positive outcome, keep us updated.

Hi @natz2009, I'm sorry to hear that your experience broke your mental health, as you say. How are you feeling now? Do you receive any support to manage your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • natz2009
    Thank you @Ross_Scope my fibro has had a big inpact in my life for a long time now i am waiting on phycoligy but the pip woman on the phone said to me i dont think you need phycoligy i think you need psychiatry witch i have thought for a while just waiting on my next pain clinic appointment as my gp are useless x

Brightness