Hi, my name is lisabrazil80x! What benefits am I entitled to? I have severe psoriasis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lisabrazil80x! What benefits am I entitled to? I have severe psoriasis

lisabrazil80x
lisabrazil80x Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I wondered can anyone help me I'm new I have severe psoriasis I wonder if anyone else got psoriasis and if so could you shift lite on what benefit I'm entitled to basically I've been awarded personal independence payment but I only got higher rate daily living and low rate mobility but where my psoriasis that's a beer and it flares up I cannot walk and it really interferes with my everyday activities

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisabrazil80x - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read you have severe psoriasis. I don't have this,
    but, to try & answer your query, as you say you have the enhanced rate for the daily living component of PIP (Personal Independence Payment), then that cannot be increased as you have already been awarded the highest rate.
    Looking at the mobility part, I'm also sorry to read this means you cannot walk when your psoriasis flares up. However, this would depend on how you are over 50% of the time. If this isn't the case, then it might be hard to get your 'low rate mobility' increased to an enhanced award.
    Have you checked to see if you might be eligible for other benefits depending on your circumstances? You could try here: https://benefits-calculator-2.turn2us.org.uk/
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lisabrazil80

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

Are you carrying out a mandatory reconsideration of your PIP decision, or are you satisfied with the award you received?

It's hard for us to say exactly what benefits you would be entitled to because it can depend on many factors, but I would advise completing a benefits calculator as suggested above. Here is the one that Scope offers.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    lisabrazil80x said:..where my psoriasis that's a beer and it flares up I cannot walk and it really interferes with my everyday activities
    chiarieds said:..Looking at the mobility part, I'm also sorry to read this means you cannot walk when your psoriasis flares up. However, this would depend on how you are over 50% of the time. 
    As chiarieds says, PIP is assessed on how you are on the majority of days. So whether or not you 'flare ups' are relevant will depend on their frequency and how many days they impact you for.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.