Lost my PIP award letter. Can I get them back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my PIP award letter. Can I get them back?

Options
Sam01
Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was granted PIP about 3 and a half years ago. When I was granted it, I received an award letter which stated the amount I will receive and a report which contained the points I scored for the descriptors and my assessor’s comments. I have unfortunately lost those documents. Is it possible to get those documents back? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    Yes you can ring pip and they will send you a copy of your entitlement 
  • Sam01
    Options
    dave392 said:
    Yes you can ring pip and they will send you a copy of your entitlement 

Amazing! Thank you very much
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    @Sam01 as you know best ring early or long wait on phone and mine took just over a week last time I requested them 
  • Sam01
    Options
    dave392 said:
    @Sam01 as you know best ring early or long wait on phone and mine took just over a week last time I requested them 
    Will do Dave! Thank you very much for your help 
  • Sallyu77
    Sallyu77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi.
    I have been on and off the pip line for over 2 weeks now but can't get to talk to anyone.
    I REALLY need a copy of my award letter because my txt runs out soon but I don't have a letter to show the post office that I as on the High rate pip.
    Can anyone please help.
    Many thanks Sally 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will just have to keep ringing the helpline. It is the only way to get a copy of your award letter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sallyu77 said:
    Hi.
    I have been on and off the pip line for over 2 weeks now but can't get to talk to anyone.
    I REALLY need a copy of my award letter because my txt runs out soon but I don't have a letter to show the post office that I as on the High rate pip.
    Can anyone please help.
    Many thanks Sally 

Best time to ring them is as soon as they open at 9am. You need your statement of entitlement.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Sam01. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • BaGsie1
    BaGsie1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I too have been unable to get thru to the pip line I've tried all different times of the day but no luck at all blue badge are requesting a copy of my award letter for renewal and I can't find  mine is there any other way to contact them  thanks in anticipation 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    BaGsie1 said:
    I too have been unable to get thru to the pip line I've tried all different times of the day but no luck at all blue badge are requesting a copy of my award letter for renewal and I can't find  mine is there any other way to contact them  thanks in anticipation 
    There's no other way. The best time to ring them is as soon as they open. You will need to keep trying but it can sometimes take as long as an hour for them to answer.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,652 Pioneering
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Getting through to the PIP helpline is 'ridiculous', the fact that the DWP think it is acceptable is 'ridiculous', but everything has been 'designed' to make it difficult for claimants. The system is designed to create as much interactions by claimants with the DWP as possible, the DWP hasn't the resources to handle the existing claims and increasing number of claims.  
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,539 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you this thread has helped reassure me as well so thank you 
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    rebel11 said:
    Getting through to the PIP helpline is 'ridiculous', the fact that the DWP think it is acceptable is 'ridiculous', but everything has been 'designed' to make it difficult for claimants. The system is designed to create as much interactions by claimants with the DWP as possible, the DWP hasn't the resources to handle the existing claims and increasing number of claims.  
    Nothing changed then.
    As a retired civil servant and leading up to my retirement at 60, it was normal for me to arrive at the office to start work at 10am have breakfast until 10.30am then look at the first case of the day. Lunch was from 12 noon until 2pm and  leaving the office for home was anytime after 3pm.

As long as you recorded your 35 hours in a week you were good to go.

With WFH I doubt if things have improved.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.