Finally obtained a PS5 Console. (I just had to share) - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finally obtained a PS5 Console. (I just had to share)

2»

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,587 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know what an external power transformer is @OverlyAnxious :) 
    It's across between a Power Ranger and a Decepticon...   ;)

It's the rectangular block you get on a power cable for laptops and TVs etc, half way between the wall plug and the appliance plug.  The one for the Xbox One was massive!

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah I see, thanks for the explanation @OverlyAnxious, I don't think the PS5 has one of those.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RDani
    RDani Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I've had a series x since it came out (managed to pre order one) and love it. Its the first console i've owned since the 360, having transitioned to PC gaming as it more suited the kind of games I liked playing.
    As i've gotten older I can appreciate the benefits of gaming on a settee rather than a desk chair  :D and Series X made more sense to me as opposed to upgrading the PC to the next-next gen aka the 30 series GPU's, which all in would cost the same as a small car.
    I was leaning more towards a PS5 when the next gen consoles were announced, but then I discovered Game Pass, and it was a no brainer for me.  I've even managed to get my older brother who is approaching 50 to get back into gaming thanks to Game Pass, which he can play on his phone...he's now buying a Series S console.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the Xbox and Game Pass @RDani. Can I ask, what makes you prefer Game Pass over PlayStation Plus?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • RDani
    RDani Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    I have honestly never looked too deeply into PS Plus, I just saw all the hype around game pass ultimate when they were about to launch the new consoles, and the idea of having over a hundred games to play (the vast majority of which I had never played), plus the new games being on there from day one made it an easy decision.
    I can also play dozens and dozens of games on my PC through it, which I much prefer playing games like Monster Train & RTS games on.
    One PS game i've always wanted to play was MLB the show, but Sony being Sony never let it be on any other platform...now it's on Game Pass  :D Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing at the end of the month, it'll be on Game Pass day one, and I can play it in 4k on my TV.
    I Haven't seen a single game launched on PS5 I would want to play let alone pay full price for. 
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Gamepass ultimate is amazing, over 100 titles with more added monthly, plus almost of all Microsofts upcoming games available to play on day of release all for about £13 a month I think, just from looking at titles I would normally purchase that are going to gamepass ultimate I will save well over £200 this year, of course they do take games off the service but I have not had a stuation where that happens and I was still playing the game, I have certainly played new genres and tried things I would never buy 

I dont really know what PS plus is so I cant comment on that 
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I find the PlayStation store has at times full games for free sometimes. I downloaded Horizen Zero down recently which saved me a lot of money. Not sure if Microsoft do this. I have used PS plus but prefer to download, or buy games rather than pay monthly. At Game they have trade in. I have at times traded in old games and got back enough money to get a new game in return. 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member Posts: 351 Pioneering
    I hardly play my playstation 4 as I find it hard to concentrate on games for a long time but I have been trying to get back into recently. It will take me a while before I buy a playstation 5, going to wait a few years till it drops in price and they are readily available.

However saying that theres one game I can't wait to be released and have pre-ordered already. Hogwarts Legacy is like my dream of a game and can't wait for it to be released and play. It looks so good.

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,810 Disability Gamechanger
    sounds like a decent bit of kit, i don't own any consoles but my son has the xbox 1, i'm not that good on them myself but i appreciate the graphics, when you consider how far they have come from the likes of pong or space invaders, its amazing
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    The only problem with the PS5 is the games have not yet caught up with the machine. This happened with the PS4 as well. It will be at least the end of the year before good games come out. 
    I was lucky to get my PS5. I just asked a guy in Game one day if I could get one. He took my number and called me 8weeks later and kept one for me.

Brightness