Hi, my name is flippyflop! HMRC haven't received anything from ESA yet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is flippyflop! HMRC haven't received anything from ESA yet

flippyflop
flippyflop Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I was laid off work last year through ill health I claim esa contribution based I have had my p60u but Hmrc haven’t received anything from Esa yet . I have phoned Esa several times and have been told they will pass my message on to whoever deals with this to send to Hmrc as I am due a small tax refund from tax I paid at my job before being laid off. Has anyone got any idea who I can contact about this being sent to Hmrc I would have thought they should of had the info by now as we are  now in July ? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I don't know the answer to your question but I have seen other people who have posted similar questions 

@Ross_Scope can you find the other thread related to this 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I would have thought HMRC would have been sent the info by now. Perhaps delays due to Covid? Sorry I haven't been much help, & hope it gets sorted soon.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @flippyflop

Welcome to the community, how are you? Yes, I would have thought HMRC would have had the info by now as it has been a while, perhaps there are Covid related delays as mentioned above. 

Have you considered contacting HMRC to follow this up?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • flippyflop
    Hi Ross I have phoned Hmrc twice over this but I’ve been told they can’t do anything until they get the info needed by Esa when you phone Esa you don’t get an option to discuss your p60u so you just get put through to someone who doesn’t really know
  • flippyflop
    Also I have been on Esa just over a year now my money has stopped as I have only just had my health assessment done and I am still waiting to see if I can be put in the support group I know it stops after a year if you are in the work related group but I’m not in any group at the moment. I’m still sending in fit notes it’s very annoying all this waiting to find out . 
  • flippyflop
    hiI have just heard from Esa my claim has stopped as I’ve been on it for over a year I just found out I was put in the work related group does anyone know  how do I ask for a copy of my medical assessment and dwp  decision on my claim? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    hiI have just heard from Esa my claim has stopped as I’ve been on it for over a year I just found out I was put in the work related group does anyone know  how do I ask for a copy of my medical assessment and dwp  decision on my claim? 
    You can ring ESA and ask them to send a copy of the report.

You can request a Mandatory reconsideration of the decision to put you in WRAG rather than Support Group.

Have you checked whether you would have any entitlement to UC (will depend on household circumstances and will end any other income based befits your household receives)?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • flippyflop
    Thanks Calcotti I won’t be entitled to anything as when work laid me off through ill health I took my private pension as I only had a year and a bit at the time before I could take it normally so now as I had a lump sum through my pension I can’t claim anything else. I was hoping to have that for when I retire to enjoy but now I will have to use it to survive
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Request the report and, if you think you should be in the Support Group, request a Mandatory Reconsideration.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • flippyflop
    Thanks calcotti i will

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.