Back payment for lcwra thank you. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back payment for lcwra thank you.

Options
scott2021
scott2021 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
So on the 3rd of july 2021 I got awarded lcwra I know there is a extra element with this of £343 I have been handing sick notes in from 07/08/2020. I know there is a 3 month wait until payments start but struggling to calculate how much back payment I will get back. My assessment period is from 13th to the 12th. Can anyone help with this for me thank you. Scott 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community

My calculation based on the date given would be 

August to September and September to October and October to November would be the waiting period 

First payment would be Dec 2020

You will probably be paid the extra element in your July payment but back pay will be paid separately and can take a while before paid 

You should get 7 months back pay but be aware the rate will be different for payments owed from before Apr 

But as approx you should get around 2.4 k 
  • scott2021
    Options
    Hi janer thank you for your reply I worked it from dec 2020 but wasn't sure I also have a debt of £203 left of my advance am I right in thinking they will take this from the back pay ? I know its says 7 days for the money to be sorted but am guessing like PIP it will take a while with all the back log at the minute.
    Kind regards Scott 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They will recover the advance from your arrears payment but at least it will be paid off 

Keep checking your old statements as once they have calculated the back pay old statements will change to show new amount 

At least then they have done the calculations and then it will need authorising and then paid 
  • scott2021
    Options
    So had my statement today and lcwra has been awarded this month but still not heard about money owed to me. Is it normal to be waiting more than 7days to hear something from them ? Kind regards 
  • MarcKeirle
    MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    scott2021 said:
    So had my statement today and lcwra has been awarded this month but still not heard about money owed to me. Is it normal to be waiting more than 7days to hear something from them ? Kind regards 
    I think it must be normal at the moment for them , I waited anxiously for around 3 weeks before ringing and got no where really with an answer, I then contacted the local CAB office and a nice lady rang on my behalf and then I had my award letter for the backpayment and amount posted to my journal afterwards. Not to sure how long it will take for them to authorise the backpayment and send it once you get your backpayment award letter ,I've had to wait a week so far I imagine it will be a week or two more yet it doesn't seem like a very fast process 
  • scott2021
    Options
    I phoned universal today spoke to a nice lady what has sent a message to my case manger to try and sort the back payment out. The lady on the phone did say she could I was owed a back payment but couldn't tell me how much am guessing ita not been worked out yet. So just going to keep my on my journal if not heard by end of month going to phone them again. They seem very busy at the minute am guessing with everything going off.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.