I got my PIP decision letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I got my PIP decision letter

Options
em444
em444 Community member Posts: 105 Connected
Hello everyone

Hope all is well, and enjoying weekend.
Since my last post, I got my PIP decision, and scored 0 on all descriptors. The DA literally disregarded everything  I'd said. 
So ! After a lot of stress, I spoke with my Well being and Support worker, and she went through each descriptor again with me.

She's kindly put together a letter of support, for my MR.
So fingers crossed, with my additional evidence, and her letter, I may be hopeful.
I'm not holding my breath, but can only try.

Thanks for all advice so far, its very much appreciated 
Em444

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry about your PIP claim @em444 - everything crossed for your MR. Kindly let us all know how that goes. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there Sorry your PIP claim was not successful 

Good luck with the mr and let us know how you get on 
  • em444
    Options
    Thanks very much 
    ?
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    Sorry to hear that and good luck going forward. I am waiting for my decision and I swing wildly between hope and despair! The waiting is the hardest part, as Tom Petty once said.
  • em444
    Options
    Thanks for reply ? 
    Do you think the letter from my support worker, will definitely have some Impact  ?
    Never done MR before. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Luck with your MR. I moved over from DLA and got 0, same on MR but as soon as I submitted an appeal (no extra evidence) the DWP phoned me to say I'd be getting Enhanced DL and Standard Mobility (better than nothing!), keep up the fight!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A letter from your support worker can only help. you need in your MR to point out where you didn't score points but think you should have, giving some real life examples of when you tried to carry out the descriptor but couldn't and why you couldn't.
    Good luck @em444
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• em444
    Options
    We did exactly that
    So she's listed the descriptors, and written examples
    The most unbelievable bit, was when she asked my Intetests. So, someone with Anxiety and Depression, seeing a Psychiatrist, and has approximately 2 hours sleep a night. Can go to the Theatre, watch Ballet, go to concerts and Art galleries and Antique Fairs  ???
    I can barely get to the front door before I go into a panic attack  !!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.