It's finally happened!!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's finally happened!!!

Options
Emilyb81
Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Well after over 4/5 months of absolute hell since losing both standard rate daily living and standard mobility I'd been receiving for 10+ years! I got a mandatory reconsideration phone call this morning  from a very nice lady and honestly the difference between this lady asking me questions? And the original one who assessed me over the phone in February asking was unbelievable?! She told me not to rush and said I could take my time etc which I didn't get before in fact she was rushing me the whole call! (I'm stopping there as this is a positive post!) 
Anyhoo I answered her questions as best I could and at the end she told me she was going to be putting claim back into payment!!  And she said it's going to be higher than I was getting before she couldnt say exactly but looks like it will go up for at least one of them!! I will get the decision letter in next 10 days and any money I'm owed next week hopefully! Oh and review period has been set at 5 years!!!
Honestly I can't tell you guys how flipping relieved I feel today!! I've heard it before said but genuinely it's like a weight has been lifted off my chest?! I got a bit too happy or excited and that brought me back down to reality a bit ( a lot ?) so a couple of nebulisers and a cup of tea later it started to sink in!
This has to of been one of the worst time's of my life! You don't realise how much you rely/depend on something until it's gone! She was so helpful she even said to me or gave me a kind of warning not to let myself get into a situation where I am left pennyless if something happens again in the future because PIP is extra money to help me live easier not supposed to be relied upon for everything like bills etc? She said I really need to try to save up some so I don't get into such a bad situation again hopefully! And budget is one of the things I seriously have a hard time with as I am a hoarder and have addiction issues from past and I believe I do sometimes spend money to try and fix how I am feeling at times? But that's another story lol!! 
I am finally able to relax a bit and stop constantly worrying about letters, phonecalls and my life falling apart!! Can't believe it! 
Last thing i want to say is this forum is amazing! So helpful and I believe I seriously may not be here today if I hadn't found it when I did not joking  because I was in an extremely dark place!! But day by day this forum has helped me get past the feelings of wanting to hurt myself and feeling I am completely alone and lost! So thankyou very much to all of you! I'm glad I have found you and I will be using this place as a coping strategy 100% sorry guys lots more long posts from me I'm afraid ?????? I can't dance around physically so il do it cyber style... ??????????? And there is hope for everyone waiting on decisions about MR's etc they do end positively!! Goodnight lovely people! I'll let you know when I get my letter! A good news letter from DWP UNBELIEVABLE lol xxx

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.