New Diagnosis since sending form off. Should I tell them now or during the assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Diagnosis since sending form off. Should I tell them now or during the assessment?

Options
Cub09
Cub09 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello
I sent my pip form off around 13 weeks ago or so and still waiting for an assessment. Since sending the form back I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well and I'm on more medication. Should I send the medical info to pip or should I just mention it on assessment day? I obviously didn't include fibro on my original application so just thinking they might not assess me on this...

On another note, some good news.... I was awarded lcwra on Wednesday thanks to the help on this site so that's one weight off my mind.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You will probably find you still have quite a bit to wait for an assessment 

So there would be no harm in sending more information 

But remember pip isn't about the diagnosis but about your functionality to complete the tasks so if this hasn't changed no need to send in anything else 

Congratulations on the lcwra award 
  • Cub09
    Options
    Hi, thank you for that Janer1967. Yep I appreciate its all about my functionality and the fibro diagnosis does make my every day tasks more difficult. Not sure whether to send the extra stuff or not now lol. X
  • janer1967
    Options
    It's up to you all I am saying is it isn't the diagnosis that has changed your functionality 

Did you have the symptoms when you applied and referred to them in your application and how they affect you 

If you did then no reason to send the diagnosis 

If you didn't then yes but also remember pip eligibility states you  have to have had the condition for 3 months or more 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    If the fibro has an impact on your day to day activities in relation to the PIP descriptors, then you could send further information with examples of this. However I don’t believe just staying you have a new diagnosis with medication is going to assist much. 
  • Cub09
    Options
    Janer1967..Yes I had the symptoms and referred to them in my claim.
    It's been over 3 months since fibro diagnosis. 

Markn88...  Yes it has an impact on my day to day activities in relation to the PIP descriptors so I just wrote a couple of pages stating how..
  • janer1967
    Options
    What you have already done should be sufficient 

But if it puts your mind at ease then send further evidence 

Remember to put your name and ni number on all pages you send 
  • Cub09
    Options
    Thank you Janer1967 I will x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Cub09,reference to new or additional evidence I would ring the DWP and explain your new information and tell them you would like it added to your supporting evidence in your PIP application. Please make a copy and put your National Insurance number and name on each of the copies you send. The DWP will give you an address where to send the additional information.
  • Cub09
    Options
    Thank you wilko I'll do that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.