PIP phone assesement lasted only 2 minutes! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP phone assesement lasted only 2 minutes!

Karolka92
Karolka92 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had a phone assesement today, the call came out of the blue without any prior letters or text messages to arrange an appointment. The call lasted exactly 2 minues and 30 seconds and the only questions asked were: how many steps can I walk before the pain is too much to take, how long do I need to rest before I can start walking again, if I have to use cruches every time I walk or when needed for the pain and to confirm whether it was the left or right knee thats affected. Surerly this can't be enough to go on in order to make a decision?!

Comments

• dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Depends if you gave good examples and evidence in your claim form 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I presume you have actually had a paper based assessment and the call was just to confirm the questions asked 
    If it was a phone assessment you would have been given notice of the appointment 

This is exactly what happened to me on my last review 
  • Karolka92
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome 

I presume you have actually had a paper based assessment and the call was just to confirm the questions asked 
    If it was a phone assessment you would have been given notice of the appointment 

This is exactly what happened to me on my last review 
    This is a brand new application. I did fill the How your disability affects you form and provided some medical evidence. The lady on the phone confirmed it was the assesement and that she will send the report back to DWP now and to await decision. I'm just confused as most people say their assesement takes a long time some times even few hours :)
  • Karolka92
    dave392 said:
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I have described how the disability affects me in depth and provided some medical evidence, I am being hopeful these 2 minues were enough to get a positive outcome :)
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Karolka92 said:
    dave392 said:
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I have described how the disability affects me in depth and provided some medical evidence, I am being hopeful these 2 minues were enough to get a positive outcome :)
    Karolka92 said:
    dave392 said:
    I won’t build your hopes up as it’s dwp at end of the day but once assessment done it goes back to a decision maker to make the final decision but does sound promising good luck and fingers crossed for you 
  • Karolka92
    dave392 said:
    Karolka92 said:
    dave392 said:
    Karolka92 said:
    dave392 said:
    I won’t build your hopes up as it’s dwp at end of the day but once assessment done it goes back to a decision maker to make the final decision but does sound promising good luck and fingers crossed for you thank you :smile:
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Karolka92, phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your award notification letter.
  • Karolka92
    wilko said:
    @Karolka92, phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work what your award may should be but you still have to wait for your award notification letter.
    I have rang them this morning but it takes around a week or so for them to recieve the report. I will try next week again. I am getting a bit anxious now.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    You should get a text when they have report I got one? ??? It's a bit strange you had no prior notice about the assessment? Have you moved or changed phone number maybe? 
  • Emilyb81
    I got sent 2 texts about the assessment? First telling me when assessment was and another before reminding me about it? 
  • Karolka92
    Emilyb81 said:
    I got sent 2 texts about the assessment? First telling me when assessment was and another before reminding me about it? 
    No they have all my uptodate information my address and phone number. I have had no prior notification and im just a bit anxious as only a few questions have been asked and the call was so brierf. Im hoping its due to the evidence sent to them.
  • Emilyb81
    Hopefully ? well you will or should get a message when they've received report from assessment? So at least you know when you can call and ask for copy rather thank keep calling probably being on hold a while for no reason ?? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.