Matt Hancock resigns — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Matt Hancock resigns

Options
janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
A bit late off the press but just seen this on the news 

Due to scandal over social distancing to mention one part of the scandal was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For a Tory I always thought Hancock was a half decent politician, and he certainly worked very very hard during the pandemic, which you might assume put great strain on his marriage. Shame he had to resign.
    What really baffled me was the appointment of Sajid Javid who resigned as chancellor because No.10 wanted to impose their own spin doctors on his dept. and you can only assume that nothing has changed in that respect.
    At least Boris didn't give the job to Jeremy Hunt the worst ever minister for health.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What do people expect from the government  there are always scandles  been going back years and years nothing new he has been caught out who is hiding behind him he is just the unlucky one 

Not long ago there was something going on with borris Johnson 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    The main thing I was bothered by (apart from the obvious cheating is not OK and the poor kids etc)  was what he must have on Boris?! But honestly I doubt anything that is going to come out in the future would shock me :disappointed: I personally haven't had so much of a problem with social distancing as I hate mixing with people anyway so it didn't really change my life in a huge way in that respect so I wasn't so much angry like others appear to be about him rule breaking.... 
  • CoffeeFirst
    CoffeeFirst Scope Member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    When I heard I just felt so sorry for the families. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wasn't sure if he would resign or not, we had the whole saga last year with Domonic Cummings and he ended up surviving that. Obviously, the full truth from his point of view came out recently but at the time it was common belief that he had to go. 

In this case, I was quite surprised when I saw he had resigned, which I think was the right thing to do. Any kind of apology in his situation doesn't really do anything for me because it's only really a "sorry this came out in the press" kind of thing. Fair play to him for resigning, but as mentioned above the real victims are the families really.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • foryoureyesonly
    foryoureyesonly Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Its people like him and Boris that i regret even morethan the last days of cameron being a tory voter when i was younger 
    I wish labour and lib dems would sort themselves and make this country better and more tolerarant

Brightness