Change of circumstances pip ,received text to say pip have now received my written report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change of circumstances pip ,received text to say pip have now received my written report

Maddison69111
Maddison69111 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all just looking for a bit of info ,so I ran up 5th March for change of circumstances, received my letter a couple of weeks later sent it back, finally got a phone call last month to say my appointment over phone was 5th July yesterday so been waiting quite a while ,and today received a text to say dwp have received my written report, my appointment over phone was yesterday 8am ,I'm thinking now this is maybe a bad thing because its only been 24 hours since appointment over phone ,I'm wondering if I rang up today and asked for a copy of it would that be OK or is it to soon to ask being as though I only got my text this morning ,thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It is normal for the report to get to dwp same day or next 

They advise 7 days after assessment before asking for report but if they have it would try maybe tomorrow 

Don't forget it isn't the decision just the recommendation 
  • Maddison69111
    Great thankyou ,yes i will try tomorrow ,just want it all to be over with now to be honest, been waiting so long ,and now my anxiety is through the roof waiting for letter ,I'm hoping next letter is about award and not just an update about they have received my report ,I'm assuming becaaue I got a text they won't send out a letter is this correct, or do they still send a letter to say we have received report ,even though they sent me a text to confirm this ,thanks 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I would just ring now if you really want the report. I remember my mum had a text a few years back when her report had been received and she rang up for a copy and the woman starting laughing with her because she said they had only received it ten minutes ago but of course they would send it out. 
  • janer1967
    Sometimes getting the report causes more anxiety as you still need to wait for the decision 

I don't think you will get a letter as well but if you request the report that will be the next envelope 

Decision are estimated to be taking 8 to 10 weeks after assessment 
  • Maddison69111
    Great thankyou ill try now and see what they say ,its took months to finally get here so getting anxious now ?, heres hoping for a good outcome if not ill be back on here for advise ? 
  • Maddison69111
    Another 8 weeks Janet, oh no I hope not I started tge ball rolling on the 5 march, whys it take them so long for change of circumstances ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Maddison69111

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. I wish you the very best and fingers crossed for a positive outcome :) 

You mentioned your anxiety is through the roof, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have support from your GP to manage your anxiety? And do you have coping techniques for times such as this where your levels are higher?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Maddison69111
    Hi yes I suffer real bad with anxiety and panick attacks ,also fibromyalgia, I'm on medication for my anxiety and also blood pressure tablets for heart palpitations ,I did use to see a lady for cbt but then she started to scare me by saying we will get you out the house on yoir own and one day into town ,that was it I was so scared ? I never went back it just made my anxiety worse ,I use the tapping at the minute so when I'm anxious I'll just tap anything that is near to me ,I did use to Scratch at my hands or pull my hair wrapping it around my fingers ,then I learnt that tapping on anything near to me can help, thankyou for your comment ?
  • janer1967
    Some people have been waiting up to 12 months for a decision on a change 

The priority is new claims and review 

Not people who have an award in place 
  • dave392
    dave392 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    janer1967 said:
    Sometimes getting the report causes more anxiety as you still need to wait for the decision 

I don't think you will get a letter as well but if you request the report that will be the next envelope 

Decision are estimated to be taking 8 to 10 weeks after assessment 
    I have to agree with you there Jane I asked for mine although report is favourable my nerves are jangled with the waiting for official decision 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.