UC premiums question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC premiums question

Options
Minton22
Minton22 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi,

Could anyone advise on UC premium payments please?

I'm 20 and been in receipt of UC since September last year but applied as I have mental health issues ( severe social anxiety, ASD, ADHD and clinical depression) that started from a young age. I have an official Appointee.

I received the standard UC payment but was advised that I would also receive a premium as I cannot work.

I had to ask them to send me the UC 50 form as they never sent one after 3 months. They sent it in March so I completed it and sent it back but have not heard from them. I returned it mid March.

Would they write to me to tell me if I'm now in the support group. I've received no premiums yet either that I'm told should have been paid from month 3 after I claimed UC.

I've sent in GP fit notes from day 1.

Is there a rough time that they should let me know and when I should receive the premiums.  I've been paid £342 per month since September which is the standard UC payment as I'm single.

Any advice would be really great.

Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

You will need to have an assessment with a health care practitioner first. 

They will then send a report to a decision maker who will decide if you are awarded lcwra 

Only if you are awarded lcwra will you get any additional payment 

There are massive delays in getting an assessment some have been waiting up to 12 months then others just few months 

Hope you get it sorted soon 
  • Minton22
    Minton22 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Thanks @janer1967.  I didn't realise there was such a long wait. Thanks very much for the advice.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your welcome 

Just ask if you have any further questions 
  • MarcKeirle
    MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    It might be some time before you will be assessed after sending back the uc50 form from what I have read online there is currently a massive backlog , it took me pretty much 16 months to be assessed from start of my claim and being awarded LCWRA , I also suffer from social anxiety troubles ,in case you are not aware you can request a home assessment with a letter from your gp if telephone appointments stop before your turn comes around, for me personally I was glad of the telephone appointment as opposed to going to there test centers 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just a note to say that the different bits of UC are known as ‘elements’ and ‘premium’ is only used for legacy benefits that preceded UC.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.