No backpay because he's been on the limited work with no extra money. What can we do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No backpay because he's been on the limited work with no extra money. What can we do?

Options
lozat
lozat Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all just wondering if anyone can help my partner as just been awarded lcwra handed his evidence in roughly January 2020 his first assessment was cancelled due to covid and then everytime after till June 2021 they've said because in that time frame he's been on the limited work with no extra money then he's not entitled to any back pay which I think is wrong because surely if he'd have had his assessment when intended then he would have been getting extra money from then 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

In normal circumstances a change from lcw to lcwra means there is no backpay if it was dwp that triggered a reassessment 

If the client reported a change then backpay to when change was made 

However if no assessment took place due to covid I would challenge that decision 

Put in a MR for it to be looked at again be clear it is backpay you are appealing not the award 
  • lozat
    lozat Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou I'll do that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.