I'm recovering from a Bipolar episode. My friend decided she no longer wants to be part of my life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm recovering from a Bipolar episode. My friend decided she no longer wants to be part of my life

Mistyeyes
Mistyeyes Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I am recovering from a Bipolar episode, during which time, my best friend has decided she no longer wants to be part of my life..... im feeling quite lonely without her.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm sorry to hear your friend has had this reaction and it's understandable how you are feeling 

Could you maybe write to her and explain how you are feeling 

Your true friends should be there for you but maybe she doesn't understand about your situation 
  • Mistyeyes
    Thank you, i have considered it but decided against it due to pre empting further rejection....

I feel like i hav no choice but to respect her decision, in order for me not to to make a fool of myself.

I just stumbled across here, so perhaps i might find some virtual friends to chat to.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, much appreciated....

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mistyeyes :) Welcome to the community.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to mental health, and have renamed your post slightly so that other members can see what it's about more easily.

I'm sorry to hear that your best friend has decided they no longer want to be part of your life. Did they decide this as a result of the recent episode you had?

Losing a friend can be a really painful experience under any circumstances, especially if you were particularly close. Do you have any other friends or family members you can lean on for support? 

I'm glad that you've joined the community today, and hope that our members can be a good source of support for you. I've moved your post into our mental health issues category, but another good place to visit is our virtual coffee lounge. This is the home of our casual conversation, and you're more than welcome to join in with the friendly chatter whenever you feel ready.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Mistyeyes
    Hi Tori,

I hav got family supporting me thanks...

Its just hard at times....
  • foryoureyesonly
    foryoureyesonly Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    There were never your friend if they abandon always your never alone if you stand tall and live your life has you think is true. Real friends and family will stick by you till the end
  • Mistyeyes
    Thank you, i agree with you but will keep on trying to stand tall.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Commiserations @Mistyeyes, stay strong.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Mistyeyes
    Thank you leeCal ..... 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I’m glad your recovering and I’m sorry to hear bout your friend I have ocd , anxiety and ptsd pychosis I lost a lot of friends due to my mental illness I have been left out of family gatherings because of my illness so I know how it feels to be judged for having a mental illness . 

I’m glad your family are supportive and you always have this forum for support . 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Of course @Mistyeyes. I'm glad you're family is there to support you. Perhaps you could try joining an in-person group or club once you're a little further along in your recovery? That can be a good way of meeting new people, if you feel up to it. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Mistyeyes
    Thanks cupcake, you sound like u know exactly how i feeĺ. We just got to try and live with our conditions as best we can..........thanks for taking the time to comment x

Brightness