Recieved a copy of my assessment report today, is it worth doing an MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recieved a copy of my assessment report today, is it worth doing an MR?

Options
rubin16
rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 558 Pioneering
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I had my telephone assessment last week on the 29th June and yesterday phoned up to request a copy of my report which came today in the post (Yeah I'm very surprised at the speed of 2nd class post). I had a read through it and going off the assessors points I get 9 for daily living and 0 for mobility. First of all I am very greatful at any award I get as life is a struggle at the moment so any extra income is bonus, however some of the points she addresses in the report are downplayed and dont seem so bad, where in reality its much worst and I should get more points. I am no way blaming the assessor as I am not great at communicating over the phone and getting my point across so will just give very straight to the point answers. I was also meant to have my nurse with me to do the speaking for me for this very reason but she couldn't make it.

Do you think it would be worth doing an MR when the decision comes as I know I should get more points, or should I just be happy and accept anything that comes as I don't want to risk the award I may be given already. If you do an MR does your award you're given stop?

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All you can do now is wait for the official award, this might still take another 8 weeks and it might differ from the HCP report, although it normally doesn't but you never know.
    So I suppose this period might be time spent doing some research into MR's.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    This is what happened to me before, I was awarded daily living and nothing for mobility, I done an MR and got standard mobility the MR didn't affect my already award of daily care.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.