Text message telling me to call. Could it be about getting my SDP back? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text message telling me to call. Could it be about getting my SDP back?

Emilyb81
Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi I just got a text at 5.15pm from ESA saying they need to talk me straight away and gave a phone number (which is shut ☹️) so I'm now freaking out as usual!
I just found out Saturday I will be getting my PIP award back as it got stopped in march after reassessment going wrong so did MR? I also due to losing PIP in march lost SDP then too?
Sorry to be a pain but can anyone tell me please is this likely to be to discuss giving me the sdp back the the arrears? I am going to be worrying all night now most probably! Thinking I'm having my ESA stopped or something!
 Fancy texting someone who has anxiety issues to say call us immediately when the phones closed til tomorrow LOL nightmare (for me) I know they can't look at my individual circumstances I'm just in self mode lol thanks in advance! ???

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Sadly it's difficult to guess at what they might want to talk to you about.
    Can only suggest you phone as soon as they open tomorrow as you will get through quicker before they get busy.
    Let us know how you get on?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry but no idea you usually have to contact them after your PIP award to get sdp back 

But it could be that reason 

As above we would only be guessing 
  • Emilyb81
    Thanks for replying ?? I was hoping maybe same thing has happened to others after mr decision wishful thinking on my part probably lol! I will call them first thing tomorrow I have to or I'd go nuts ?? more nuts than normal anyway! ? Il let you know what they say ??
  • Emilyb81
    To be fair it is probably to work out how much severe disability premium they need to pay me now I'm back in receipt of pip daily living? It can't be a coincidence it's a few days after decision was made on the PIP MR so I for once am going to try thinking the best not the worst lol check me out changing the habit of a lifetime ??? nite nite peep's see you in the morning hopefully! ?☀️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for the frustratingly late call you had @Emilyb81 - all I'm sure will be OK. I'll wish you goodnight too, & thank you for saying you'll let us all know how you get on in the morning. Take care. :)
  • joshua12000
    joshua12000 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    ESA rang me about SDP it was how i found out that i had been awarded PIP so i would assume this is the reason and they will just be checking your circumstances and your still eligible for SDP. 
  • Emilyb81
    Ok so it turns out it was to fill form to reapply or be given sdp again after pip has been re awarded? So filled that out and have to just wait now for decision ??? to be honest nothing has changed since it was stopped so should be straight forward! Thanks for support guys these texts etc sure can mess with heads ?? panic over (for now)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.