No assessment date yet. We applied in Match. Is this normal? Can I contact them for an update? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No assessment date yet. We applied in Match. Is this normal? Can I contact them for an update?

liseyhw
liseyhw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
I’m hoping someone can give me some advice or indication on wait times.
Im my fathers carer and have applied for PIP for him. I applied 5th March 2021 and have had no update on an assessment date. It’s now 17 weeks since applying and thought we would of had an assessment date by now. Is this normal? I did supply a lot of paperwork evidence. Can I contact PIP for an update?

thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Hi welcome to the community,

There is a very long waiting time for PiP, and DWP are estimating it takes about 10 months for a decision. I applied back in the middle of November 2020, and didn't hear anything at all till the 15th June 2021 about my assessment date. I have had my assessment on the 29th June and now awaiting a decision which is another 8 weeks.

PiP is very stressful and the waiting is the hardest part, but its perfectly normal at the moment and everyone is going through the same waiting time. It does depend on where you live and who does your assessment but most areas have massive backlogs. You can contact PiP for an update but wouldn't get much information than its with the assessors and to contact them, but I'm afraid its just a case of waiting.

Goodluck and I hope the wait isn't too long.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I second the response above 
  • liseyhw
    liseyhw Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    @rubinheath16 thank you very much for your reply. I just found it strange as my mother applied in October 2020 and started receiving pip by January 2021. Maybe it’s just luck of the draw. I appreciate your response thank you ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Waiting times do vary @liseyhw, so some people seem to hear sooner than others. Have you had any confirmation that they've received the form? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.