PIP award review incorrect deadline — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP award review incorrect deadline

Sam01
Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
Hello everyone. I have to submit a PIP award review form and on the letter, it says the deadline is 27th July. I called up DWP today asking for extra time and the person I spoke too said my actual deadline is in 75 days. He said he’ll send me a letter to confirm the discussion we’ve had about the deadline confusion though it’s unclear whether that letter will even clear up the confusion. Just wanted to ask if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what deadline is most likely to be the correct? I really don’t want to lose my PIP over some deadline error on their end. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

They have been allowing 3 months for return of forms due to backlogs 

I did see some body on here say that had ended now but looks like it is still in place 
  • Sam01
    Sam01 Community member Posts: 36 Connected
    janer1967 said:

I did see some body on here say that had ended now but looks like it is still in place 
    Thanks for you reply janer! If that’s the case, how comes they didn’t put that 3 month deadline on my letter instead of this urgent 3 week deadline? Really wish the communication on their end was a bit better.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Sam01 said:
    janer1967 said:

Thanks for you reply janer! If that’s the case, how comes they didn’t put that 3 month deadline on my letter instead of this urgent 3 week deadline? Really wish the communication on their end was a bit better.
    Because they applied the extension but the letters are still automatically generated by software which has not been amended to reflect the extension.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.