Is it likely I'd get backdated payment with gaps within it? Will they backdate from the first note? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it likely I'd get backdated payment with gaps within it? Will they backdate from the first note?

overhills
overhills Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone

been waiting since last February for my assessment I provided fit notes for first 6 months then was told by adviser to just hold on to them but have been getting sick notes for the whole period. So how likely will be getting back dated payment with gaps within it. I can prove this still got all the notes filled away. Will they backdate from that first note seriously lot money to be down over misunderstandings 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You need some expert advice from welfare rights here 

You only get backpay for periods covered by a fit note until a decision is made 

With providing them for first 6 months not sure what will happen 

There may be a way you can provide them now but I don't know 
  • overhills
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome 

You need some expert advice from welfare rights here 

You only get backpay for periods covered by a fit note until a decision is made 

With providing them for first 6 months not sure what will happen 

There may be a way you can provide them now but I don't know 
    Sorry who are these welfare rights?

ive contacted my work coach about adding missing notes but said it’s not possible with on computer when dates expires. Really confused feel like I’m going missed out on money 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Welfare rights are a advice centre with welfare rights officers 

Google welfare rights to find your nearest one they also have a website 
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    I had stopped putting my sick notes in but was told I needed them as I had appealed. I entered three on the journal just putting the date the first one began and the date the third one runs out and this was accepted. As long as you have the actual notes to show, it should be OK to do this.
  • overhills
    I had stopped putting my sick notes in but was told I needed them as I had appealed. I entered three on the journal just putting the date the first one began and the date the third one runs out and this was accepted. As long as you have the actual notes to show, it should be OK to do this.
    Assume they don’t wanna pay the backdate because of this and why you had to Appeal? U just added the dates on journal yeah? 

Think need some advice on this 
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    I had filled in the form for LCW and they turned me down and said I was fit for work so  I didn't need sick notes any longer. I did a Mandatory Reconsideration and was advised that I should still put in sick notes during the process. I have now taken it to a tribunal. I entered the three sick notes on the journal, using the earliest date and the latest dates and it seemed to go through OK.
  • overhills
    I had filled in the form for LCW and they turned me down and said I was fit for work so  I didn't need sick notes any longer. I did a Mandatory Reconsideration and was advised that I should still put in sick notes during the process. I have now taken it to a tribunal. I entered the three sick notes on the journal, using the earliest date and the latest dates and it seemed to go through OK.
    Ok the all best pal with the  tribunal 
  • MarcKeirle
    MarcKeirle Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Did you continue to declare your fitnotes via your UC account online ? My claim started in March last year and when lockdown happened and jobcentres closed their doors i was asked to continue declaring my fit notes online and then my work coach would approve them manually every 2 months without seeing them , I got my backpayment award letter today and they haven't asked to see any of the digital fitnotes I got throughout lockdown fingers crossed you don't have to go through to much stress getting it sorted.the welfare rights that janer1967 mentioned will be worth looking into and getting some support from them over it.
  • overhills
    Did you continue to declare your fitnotes via your UC account online ? My claim started in March last year and when lockdown happened and jobcentres closed their doors i was asked to continue declaring my fit notes online and then my work coach would approve them manually every 2 months without seeing them , I got my backpayment award letter today and they haven't asked to see any of the digital fitnotes I got throughout lockdown fingers crossed you don't have to go through to much stress getting it sorted.the welfare rights that janer1967 mentioned will be worth looking into and getting some support from them over it.
    No I didn’t that what concerned over 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.