Wanted to help with PIP telephone assessment questions. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wanted to help with PIP telephone assessment questions.

Options
Beesmummy798
Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,
I have gotten a lot of advice from this forum so just wanted to help with the PIP questions. My telephone assessment was recent 28/6..My disabilities are mainly for my Mental health and Fibromyalgia. My assessment lasted approx 1hour.
She went through every question I had answered on my form, starting with asking me to explain my illnesses, medication etc. I had broke down a few times and she kept reassuring me you're near the end only a few more q's to go. She was nice and overall it wasnt as bad an experience as some have had x
The assessor does mention do you have a pet, do you drive, what hobbies. A couple of points that may help, as when a question is asked and answered it may be brought back up under another heading or descriptor. 
I don't have a pet as I had to give my dog Shirley away in 20017 because I couldn't look after her I explained this when asked. Another point was about could I answer my phone and mobile. Also when my sister was talking about managing my medication because I've taken more tablets than I should have (I have both mental health problems and fibromyalgia) the assessor asked so could you physically open the tablet box. I'll post more questions she asked on this thread as they come to mind x

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.