SDP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP

Options
beeman1200
beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
If I  awarded Pip will I be able to apply for SDP

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    if Daily Living part of PIP is awarded, SDP is paid with some other benefits so the answer depends both on whether you live alone (or only with other people getting a disability benefit) and what other benefits you are receiving.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    I live alone get ESA in the support group and waiting for my PIP assessment and award

• calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Is the ESA income based ESA or new style ESA?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    old ESA based on tax years 2013/2014
  • calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    In that case if you are awarded the Daily Living part of PIP and you live alone (or any other adults also have a relevant disability benefit) and nobody claims Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC for looking after you you will be eligible for SDP to be included in your ESA calculation of any income based entitlement.

However you say your ESA award is based on 2013/2014 tax years so are you getting some income based ESA or just contribution based ESA?
  • beeman1200
    Options
    contribution based ESA?
  • calcotti
    edited July 2021
    Options
    You could be getting contribution based only, income based only or a mix of contribution based and income depending on your circumstances. How much do you get?
  • beeman1200
    Options
    support group 262.60 every 2 weeks

• calcotti
    Options
    That means you are getting at least part based income based ESA in which case you will be eligible for SDP if the qualifying conditions apply.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    good so will I have to tell ESA when I get my PIP award
  • calcotti
    Options
    good so will I have to tell ESA when I get my PIP award
    They may contact you but you may as well prompt the process.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    thank you waiting for PIP to respond to my PIP form

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.