Hello, I’m just wondering how far My family member should be entitled to my back pay from lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, I’m just wondering how far My family member should be entitled to my back pay from lcwra

Options
abbielouise19
abbielouise19 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi writing on behalf of a family member,
She joint universal credit in October 2019 she submitted her first health sick note in November 2019, in February 2020 she filled a health questionnaire out following a health assessment in March 2020 Further on her papers got lost as well as her medical records and health questionnaire. (July 2020 joint partners claim )In September 2020 she came to a decision of only limited capability for work, she  appealed this decision. (Became a single claim as no longer with partner) Her case got heard july 2021 during this she won and got awarded limited capability for work and work related activities. Today she received a letter stating she is only entitled to one months backdated pay.
Have they missed read her dates due to changing form a joint claim back to a single claim and got this wrong or is she only entitled to one month? Thank you

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hello @abbielouise19

Wishing you a very warm welcome. 

Welcome to the community, sorry that you haven't received a response here yet, I have moved your discussion over to our Universal Credit category. Did you query with UC as to why your family member was only awarded one month of backpay?

Any backdate should still be to when she is eligible. But it can take the Case Manager to be quite thorough and actually look through previous claims and calculate.

Did she hand in fit notes with no gap right from the first one in Nov 2019? If so, she should be entitled to back pay until then (depending on whether her circumstances allowed, for example if her partner had LCWRA she wouldn't have it in payment during that time, or wages lowering amount, etc.)
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.