Light touch — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Light touch

LDW
LDW Community member Posts: 10 Connected
good morning, I’m very worried regarding my pip as it runs out this December 2021 and I haven’t heard anything from them which is unusual, is anyone else having this problem or maybe is it a sigh I could be given the light touch they’ve introduced, should I call them or just wait

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there @LDW

How are you? 

I'm not sure if delays / backlogs could be impacting your review but it's a possibility, hopefully though it won't be long before you're contacted. Are you certain that your claim is due to end this December? 

If it worries you there's no harm in calling them if that would ease your concerns, but I'm sure they will be in touch in due course. It might be a good idea to start considering how you are going to go about your review, and the sorts of things you will be putting on your form. View this page for further information on PIP reviews.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hiya just wanted to say I didn't hear from them until 3 months before mine was due to end? It's probably due to covid backlog? But if you are worried the best thing is to call them and ask because others can only guess what's happening? At least then u will be able to stop worrying etc? ?? Take care and stay safe! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 
    .did you get awarded by tribunal or dwp 

If tribunal you have to start a new claim and they send form out 14 weeks before award ends 

If awarded by dwp then as mentioned there could be a delay but I would suggest calling them as claim are taking up to 10 months to complete 
  • LDW
    Hi Emilyb81 thanks for your reply,  so what happened to you as it was only 3 months b4 yours finished,  not a lot of time to appeal if they decided against a decision,  my last 2 MS went against  me even thought I'm on enhanced for both and went to tribunal and won, I was so worried I ended up on anti depression tablets, again thanks for your advice. I'll  probably will ring them.
    LDB
  • LDW
    Hi Ross, I normally get Ageuk to help me with my appeals as I'm not very good with remembering things, so grateful for all advice.
     LDB
  • LDW
    Hi Janer1967
    I didnt know there was a difference on how I won my appeal I'll have to check my paperwork,  thats good to know. Thanks
    LDB
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    janer1967 said:
    If tribunal you have to start a new claim and they send form out 14 weeks before award ends 
    They don't automatically send out a form. They send a letter advising the award will end and inviting the claimant to reapply. Claimant then has to ring to request form in the normal way.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    @calcotti

Thanks for correction I thought I had put they will send notification not the forms 

Good job you are here 
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hiya @LDW long story but since you asked...  Basically mine was due to end in December last year I got told in November I was going to get an extension until I get telephone assessment and decision? I had assessment in February and got decision in march all got stopped for me unfortunately I think mostly because I wasn't ever sent a review form so they had no other information? So had to do mandatory reconsideration? I just got that decision on Saturday? I got awards back thank God! 
    So I got an extension due to covid? I do think everyone is different cos depend where you live etc cos different workloads?  So calling them will put your mind at rest about if you might of missed a letter or similar? Doubt you have but better to check for our own sanity I reckon because I personally let these things build up out of all proportion?! Oh the joys of mental health problems ??? 
  • LDW
    Hi janer1967
    Just checked my letters and you are right it was tribunal and it states on back they will contact me 14wks before hand.
     I'm glad I asked the question otherwise I'd of worried upto them thanks 
    LDB
  • janer1967
    @LDW

You will know if you won at tribunal as you would have had a tribunal hearing with a panel including a judge 
  • calcotti
    janer1967 said:..I thought I had put they will send notification not the forms 
    I did that yesterday too - typed something different to what I was thinking. Fortunately Mike corrected me.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    Glad that is sorted 

I would advise to start getting prepared for the application 
  • calcotti
    LDW said:
    Just checked my letters and you are right it was tribunal and it states on back they will contact me 14wks before hand.
    Given how long PIP claims are currently taking you may wish to start a new claim sooner than when they contact you. Even in normal times 14 weeks can be tight.
  • LDW
    Janer1967, now I remember, I couldn't go to hearing as I was upset and depressed as I'd waited 10mths, 2 days after got letter overturning the decision as assessor had lied in statement. 
    LDB
  • LDW
    Hi Emilyb81, what a carryon you've had but glad it's sorted, every time my award time comes round they take it off me and every time I win, they're bliddy useless
    LDB

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.