Hi, my name is rosie99! Can anybody tell me what questions are asked at PIP appeal tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is rosie99! Can anybody tell me what questions are asked at PIP appeal tribunal?

rosie99
rosie99 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi  CAn any one tell me what type of questions you get asked at on your PIP appeals   tribunal  thanks 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2021
    Hi @rosie99 - & welcome to this community. With a tribunal there will be a judge, a Dr, & someone with an understanding about disability. They will ask you how your disability affects your daily living &/mobility, much as in your initial claim pack. Don't worry if the assessor's report didn't reflect how you were at the time of your assessment, as tribunals know they can be poor, so don't waste time putting any emphasis on this unless there are perhaps a couple of provable instances (your word against these won't count, as the assessor's just write an opinion).
    The tribunal will just want to know, in your own words, how your disability affects your function with regards to the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP. If you haven't already done so, try & give a couple of detailed, real life examples as to how you were at the time of your assessment for each applicable descriptor....what happened, when, & why, who witnessed it, & how did attempting/doing an activity leave you feeling afterwards, if this is appropriate. 'Reliability' is also very important, i.e. could you do an activity safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, or did it take you longer than someone who wasn't disabled?
    So, with your tribunal, the questions will be about these activities/descriptors: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf
  • rosie99
    rosie99 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks @chiarieds - is there any place on here where there are sample questions that have been asked at appeal ? Thanks again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.