Video Link Tribunal - anyone had this experience? Will my representative speak on my behalf? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Link Tribunal - anyone had this experience? Will my representative speak on my behalf?

Options
TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
edited July 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. Hope everyone is doing well.
I have a a PIP Tribunal on the 23rd of this month via video link from the Citizens Advice where I live. I wonder if anyone has any experience of these & will my representative speak on my behalf?
I won a tribunal in 2019 & it was a face to assessment, my rep who was brilliant during the whole process successfully argued my case and all I had to do was go in after her and acknowledge that I was happy with the award. Now I fear I'm not going to be able to articulate adequately my problems on the 23rd due to my anxiety.
Any advice is welcome. 
Take care,
TeddyB22

Comments

• TeddyB22
    Options
    Thanks Mike
    I have a telephone call with her about a week before the tribunal. I have to travel to her as she won't be in my town on the day of the Appeal. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TeddyB22

I just wanted to wish you the very best for the tribunal, make sure you let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    I will Ross. Thank you for your kind wishes. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    TeddyB22 said:
    I will Ross. Thank you for your kind wishes. 
    No worries. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • teezee
    teezee Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi
    Just wondered whether you'd had your hearing yet and, if so, how it went.
    I've just had a letter to say mine is on 8/3/23, also via video and I'm dreading it. That was how my initial assessment was conducted and I struggled to get across how things really were for me.
    I hope, if you've had yours, you were successful.
    Teresa
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    teezee said:
    Hi
    I've just had a letter to say mine is on 8/3/23, also via video and I'm dreading it. That was how my initial assessment was conducted and I struggled to get across how things really were for me.
    Teresa

This thread was posted in July 2021 and looking back at the members threads they were awarded standard mobility from the Tribunal. They already had standard daily living award before attending the Tribunal.

The member also hasn't been active since Sept 2021.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • teezee
    teezee Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    teezee said:
    Hi
    Teresa

This thread was posted in July 2021 and looking back at the members threads they were awarded standard mobility from the Tribunal. They already had standard daily living award before attending the Tribunal.

The member also hasn't been active since Sept 2021.

Thank you so much Poppy123456. Sorry, I've literally only just seen your message x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.