Might be of interest to anyone claiming PIP solely for mental health reasons — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Might be of interest to anyone claiming PIP solely for mental health reasons

Options

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Options
    @janer1967 @Ross_Scope you's are welcome. It makes a lot of sense, hope it helps even 1 person. I'd be happy then ?
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Options
    Interesting read @Beesmummy798 ..thank you.
  • Beesmummy798
    Options
    @Username_removed I don't understand. I just came across this info on Google, I'm not sure what you mean by paying? I'm sure there's some points might be useful to some people. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
  • Beesmummy798
    Options
    Well how stupid are they then for giving free.. to the point info available to all googlers. Mustn't be making very much... Eejits giving good easy to read advice.. Freely ?
  • Beesmummy798
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Anyone reading this thread please do not pay for any advice ever. All advice, especially benefits advice should be free. Upon searching for info I came across this website. There's some good advice (free). I think they charge if you want them to represent you... But we don't. The advice is in layman's terms which suits me.. And is easy to read. No fancy terminology etc ? Anything useful to me I always try to pass it on. That's all I'm doing folks ?
  • Beesmummy798
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Username_removed
    Hi Mike, my name is Tricia... I suffer from depression and Fibro myalgia. I'm just a normal person, friendly albeit a bit naive. I don't have much confidence but found this forum while googling, Ive only started commenting on things and interacting again, but I do try to help people. Ive taken a lot of your advice and it's been great. <moderator removed - personal attacks not allowed on the community>. Confidence in myself is knocked again. Take care. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Beesmummy798

I understand it has taken a lot for you to contribute on the forum and your contribution is valued just as much as anyone else 

I hope by staying we can rebuild your confidence back 
  • Beesmummy798
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @janer1967 thankyou you are lovely and have a great way with people.
    @Username_removed I will not rethink any comments. I came on here for advice and support. If the moderators need to delete my comments they will. Remember there are people on here that are very very vulnerable. They shouldn't  be criticised. <Moderator removed - personal attacks not allowed on the community>. It requires not only knowledge but a certain way with words and rapport with people. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Closed pending review.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just to let you know, we've removed some parts of your comments that constituted personal attacks against another member, which violates our house rules. If you have a concern about the community or any of its members, or want to discuss anything further, please feel free to email us on community@scope.org.uk at any time, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

As you've pointed out "Anyone reading this thread please do not pay for any advice ever. All advice, especially benefits advice should be free.". It seems as though this is what mikehughescq was trying to point out, rather than trying to criticise you personally.

That being said, we do understand that it can be hard to determine the tone used in written comments. This is a reminder to all members to ensure that you're mindful of your tone when communicating with other members. As you've pointed out @beesmummy798, you can never quite know what position someone is in when you reply to them, so it's important to keep things friendly and safe.

As this discussion has now run its course, the thread will remain closed.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.